Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sorry but I can't take this anymore and I am laughing hard.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sorry but I can't take this anymore and I am laughing hard.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sorry but I can't take this anymore and I am laughing hard.
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:59pm
I was reading all the responses and including mine and I started to laugh. Not of lack of respect but think of it.Here we are all born with hair and we seem to have this rule book on who can wear long hair or who looks best with short hair. Does long neck look better with long hair etc.Well as I can tell we were all born with hair and we didn't come with a mannuel so I guess that means anything goes.As human we really makes life complicated. We should just enjoy our hair no matter what color, what texture, what length, if it is straight, wavy , spiral etc. Who cares!!Some people have goals, others love change, some enter contest, some just adore their hair. We should just celebrate the fact that there are so many colors, so many styles, so many lengths so there is something for everyone.Nevermind trying to practice pyschology without a license and so on. Okay I am done. Have a great hair day.
Zorak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:59pm
> I was reading all the responses and including mine and> I started to laugh....> As human we really makes life complicated.VERY TRUE. That is what humans do best, create complexity. It is what sets us apart from the animals.Hairstyles are like that. Other animals groom each other, but none create complex styles in their fur. Hairstyles denote social status or sexual status, can indicate when a person is a member of a group or set one as an outcast or "independent".Only humans do this kind of thing.> Nevermind trying to practice pyschology without a> license and so on.Nobody around here is practicing psychology, just debating the finer points of hair politics!> Have a great hair day.You too Diane from Canada!!Zorak, who loves to live life to the fullest each and every day that the beautiful sun rises into the sky to illuminate the wonderful world with joy and bring to mankind the happiness of peace and the tranquility of fulfilment and.....hey, Zorak out!
Kent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:59pm
Diane from Canada,This was a timely and well-thought out message and makes several valid points that we all should consider.> I was reading all the responses and including mine and> I started to laugh. Not of lack of respect but think> of it.> Here we are all born with hair and we seem to have> this rule book on who can wear long hair or who looks> best with short hair.Too many times people get serious about issues such as hair when it might be better to worry about more serious things in life. Acceptance of others and their differences is a virtue that needs to be cultivated.Unfortunately our world does not see it this way and people are discriminated against for many reasons, including the length and style of their hair.> Well as I can tell we were all born with hair and we> didn't come with a mannuel so I guess that means> anything goes.It is unfortunate that people tend to categorize others based on differences as petty as hairstyle, social status, income, race, etc., etc., etc. The truth of the matter is we are all part of the human race and our similarities are far greater than our differences. If we were attacked by an alien race of creatures from another world or threatened by an impending disaster (i.e. an asteroid collision) I bet we would come together as one. Why do we have to wait for a theatening situation to cause us to change?> As human we really makes life complicated. We should> just enjoy our hair no matter what color, what> texture, what length, if it is straight, wavy , spiral> etc. Who cares!!I agree!> Some people have goals, others love change, some enter> contest, some just adore their hair. We should just> celebrate the fact that there are so many colors, so> many styles, so many lengths so there is something for> everyone.Diversity is great. People should have the right to be different. The world would be boring if everyone was the same. We should celebrate differences, not tear each other down because someone chooses something that isn't the same as everyone else. Life is difficult enough without adding more trouble and stress on others.It is sad that the world doesn't operate this way. The only thing we can do is to not be guilty of inflicting our opinions on others in a way that discourages or demeans them. Change can only begin within ourselves. Perhaps then we can have an influence on others for the better.> Nevermind trying to practice pyschology without a> license and so on. Okay I am done. Have a great hair> day.You too! and enjoy your hair in whatever style, length, etc. that you choose!
Kent
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic