Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Men With Long Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sheri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Men With Long Hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:59pm
I just love a man with long beautiful hair. My boyfriend has shoulder length hair and he luvs for me to brush it out and play with it. He has mentioned about getting it cut but I have convinced him to wear it long for the summer. Does anybody else enjoy seeing men with long hair?
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:59pm
> I just love a man with long beautiful hair. My> boyfriend has shoulder length hair and he luvs for me> to brush it out and play with it. He has mentioned> about getting it cut but I have convinced him to wear> it long for the summer. Does anybody else enjoy seeing> men with long hair?A while back I kept on crossing a very good looking long hair male with dirty blonde hair in the elevator etc. I really enjoyed that sight.lol His hair was waistlenght. His hair was well kept.I really enjoy seeing when they take care of themselves. I also seem one male that his hair was awful and it was a real turn off.Just for fun I will add if you really want to see very good looking males hang out at the greenhouses. lol
Dawn from RareGems View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn from RareGems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:59pm
Thank you Sheri!! Now here's a subject of some real interest! No surprise that my vote is for long, long, long. There's something utterly intoxicating about those little curls at the neckline just behind the ear, the complete and unmitigated virility of long hair. Makes me weak in the knees just to think about it. Don't even get me started on beards and that to die for place where the sideburns start!! Yeow! I'm especially fond of that moment when the ponytail tie comes off and the hair is released from its restraint just for my benefit, the juxtaposed contradiction of such enveloping softness next to the rock steady bulk of a good sturdy man. Long is my pick, and not that just brushing the collar stuff either, I mean long!My favorite treatise on the subject was discussed on Victor Engels longhair list a few months ago, an intensive study of hair throughout human history and the proposal that socially mandated shearing of the hair on head and face represents the emasculation and subjugation of the male ego, an easily recognizable outward symbol of a willingness to submit, conform, be dominated by arbitrary regulation, and that current societal taboos regarding having long hair are a means of establishing such control as acceptable, necessary, desirable. Such was not always the case though and there were plenty of historic times when hair on men was not only acceptable but encouraged as a symbol of masculinity, particularly beards. Food for thought!For my tastes give me a long tressed fully bearded Samson kind of guy any day!Thanks for the lighthearted interlude!Very best wishes to all,Dawn> I just love a man with long beautiful hair. My> boyfriend has shoulder length hair and he luvs for me> to brush it out and play with it. He has mentioned> about getting it cut but I have convinced him to wear> it long for the summer. Does anybody else enjoy seeing> men with long hair?
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:00pm
Uh-oh, I'll have to rock the boat here a bit. I certainly mean no offense to men who have long hair (and I'd certainly never make a negative comment to a man directly about his hair or think less of him in any way), but my personal preference is for short to very short hair on men. It's merely an opinion, rather like how some people prefer the color blue over green or vice versa.I love the physical (and psychological) differences between men and women. I love long hair on women and short hair on men. I personally equate long hair with femininity. Physical differences that complement (and compliment as well) one another appeal to me greatly. Some friends of mine are a perfect example of this. She has long hair and a slender neck and delicate features. He has a crew cut, a thicker (though not fat) neck with facial hair. To me, they each represent the quintessential features of masculinity and femininity. Yin and yang, so to speak.A tall, muscular man with very short hair and a trimmed beard.....oh my! Don't get me started -- my knees are already weak. ;-)
Kent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:00pm
Dawn,Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That was a real encouragement! I must share that after reading the post by Jerky Flea that 90% of people are against long hair on men I was ready to go out and cut my hair (well, NOT really! :-) But after your kind words it is gratifying to know there are some who appreciate it, and I'm sure you are not the only one! I don't have the beard with my long hair, but I do have a moustache. Is that okay?Now if you could just convince my wife ... her preference is more like Jena's ... then I'd be really happy!Thanks again! and when you see some of those guys with long hair let them know you appreciate it!Kent
Kent
Sheri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:00pm
WOW!! Dawn, I thought I was really big on this subject but you have taken it a few steps further and I fully agree with you. My boyfriend has shoulder blade length hair and he is also really fit. So I absolutely luv the hard body and long hair.I think the stereo type of this generation is for men to have short hair. But as our society has grown it was just easier for the man not to have to fuss with long hair.I think a man with long long HEALTHY hair and a fit body are the sexiest men alive. But if they don't take care of it then their hair has to be short.
Zorak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:00pm
> there were plenty of historic times when hair on men> was not only acceptable but encouraged as a symbol of> masculinity, particularly beardsDon't forget the Merovingian Frankish dynasty in the Middle Ages. During that time, long hair on a man was his symbol of power and authority. I remember reading some stuff where men were castigated and outcast for NOT having long hair. In fact, the king's divine right to rule was seen as coming only if he had long flowing hair!Dawn, perhaps you lived in that time period in another life!Zorak
Marci View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:01pm
Loved your posting. My boyfriend's hair is long and marvelously dreadlocked and increasingly I have become aware that women, not just myself are definitely enamored with this good looking dude with a full head of free flowing locks. I guess its a security issue. People realize that if a guy is willing to grow his hair out long, then he's pretty self-confident and strong. And then with a more in your face style, like dreadlocks, I've noticed from others a heightened level of respect (sometimes envy) for him. For him I understand it was a pretty hassle free process. At his former girlfriend's urging, he decided to let his naturally curly and kinky hair dread a year or two ago. You hear all these wannna loc stories, but for him the curls began to lock within a few weeks time. And then the dreadlocks took off pretty much on their own into a real dense explosion of rope-thick coils. At the time I was his loctician and I guess you could say that I did not attempt to at all conceal my pure sensual pleasure intending to the "weeding of strays and the weekly rubbing with African beeswax. His dreads are a rich range of dark to chocolate brown, with some carmel highlights and now hang down just below his nipples.His winter challenge was a beard so he stopped shaving three or four months ago, although he always had a mature, thick Walrus-style moustache that curls inward just below his lower lip. He grew out the beard beacause once his locks started reaching below his shoulders, they were constantly getting in his way as he shaved (since he doesn't braid or pull them back when he sleeps- altho I love to braid a few strands while he's sleeping - sort of a "I was here" thing). And then if he missed shaving a day or two, they'd get caught on the bristle of his beard. Growing his beard out full has solved those problems. And it is, by any standards a full, robust, and healthy beard reaching down his neck to his hairy chest. He's enjoying it and I have both resisted trimming and brushing it because I would really like to see it start dreadlocking to match his hair. I've seen engravings of ancient Greek and Romans Gods with dreadlocked beards and that's the image I'm after for him.Anyone here ever successfully managed to style a tightly curled or dreadlocked beard? I'd love to get some tips.So hey guys, any advice?> I just love a man with long beautiful hair. My> boyfriend has shoulder length hair and he luvs for me> to brush it out and play with it. He has mentioned> about getting it cut but I have convinced him to wear> it long for the summer. Does anybody else enjoy seeing> men with long hair?
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:03pm
WOW. Does he have a twin? I mean he sounds so studly, burly and irresistable. I know I certainly wouldn't be able to conceal my physical attraction if I was fortunate enough to regularly groom, stroke and massage oils through those lucious, plump locks you described. I think a mature growth of robust dreadlocks are so intoxicating because all the coiled, snarled, gnarled, knatty tightly wound ringlets remind me of pubic hair on public display. I guess that's why I have always loved a good beard as well. And your hunky boyfriend has both. Some people have all the luck. Guard him well from people like me!As for dreading his beard, the thought is totally awesome. I can't help you on that one, but check out some of the Dreadlock sites on the web.> Loved your posting. My boyfriend's hair is long and> marvelously dreadlocked and increasingly I have become> aware that women, not just myself are definitely> enamored with this good looking dude with a full head> of free flowing locks. I guess its a security issue.> People realize that if a guy is willing to grow his> hair out long, then he's pretty self-confident and> strong. And then with a more in your face style, like> dreadlocks, I've noticed from others a heightened> level of respect (sometimes envy) for him. For him I> understand it was a pretty hassle free process. At his> former girlfriend's urging, he decided to let his> naturally curly and kinky hair dread a year or two> ago. You hear all these wannna loc stories, but for> him the curls began to lock within a few weeks time.> And then the dreadlocks took off pretty much on their> own into a real dense explosion of rope-thick coils.> At the time I was his loctician and I guess you could> say that I did not attempt to at all conceal my pure> sensual pleasure intending to the "weeding of> strays and the weekly rubbing with African beeswax.> His dreads are a rich range of dark to chocolate> brown, with some carmel highlights and now hang down> just below his nipples.> His winter challenge was a beard so he stopped shaving> three or four months ago, although he always had a> mature, thick Walrus-style moustache that curls inward> just below his lower lip. He grew out the beard> beacause once his locks started reaching below his> shoulders, they were constantly getting in his way as> he shaved (since he doesn't braid or pull them back> when he sleeps- altho I love to braid a few strands> while he's sleeping - sort of a "I was here"> thing). And then if he missed shaving a day or two,> they'd get caught on the bristle of his beard. Growing> his beard out full has solved those problems. And it> is, by any standards a full, robust, and healthy beard> reaching down his neck to his hairy chest. He's> enjoying it and I have both resisted trimming and> brushing it because I would really like to see it> start dreadlocking to match his hair. I've seen> engravings of ancient Greek and Romans Gods with> dreadlocked beards and that's the image I'm after for> him.> Anyone here ever successfully managed to style a> tightly curled or dreadlocked beard? I'd love to get> some tips.> So hey guys, any advice?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic