Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Star Wars Hair Styles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Erica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Star Wars Hair Styles
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:00pm
Ok, for those that have seen the Episode I. Are you going to try to copy the hair styles? LOL I did like the style where it is a long braid in the back, with a couple smaller braids wrapped around it. I'll have to try it out soon!I am NOT a Star Wars freak/geek or anything, but just for fun last Friday I did a quasi-Princess Leia look. I parted my hair in the middle, from my forehead down to the back of my neck, and braided it into two braids. I then took the braids and pinned them to the top of my head. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, see Empire Strikes Back) I had SO MANY people compliment me on my hair, and ask me if my hair is real! I don't normally get that many comments on my hair, so I was loving the attention!!
Kim, a Newbie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim, a Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:00pm
> Ok, for those that have seen the Episode I. Are you> going to try to copy the hair styles? LOL I did like> the style where it is a long braid in the back, with a> couple smaller braids wrapped around it. I'll have to> try it out soon!Hi Erica. I actually did try to copy one of the less structured styles in that movie; I don't know how to describe it very well, but it looked kind of folded and gathered in the middle, and reminded me of a geisha, sort of. I had to modify it for my own hair length (not quite to my waist); I made a pony tail, and didn't pull the ends all the way through, then I placed a barrette in the middle, so there was a sort of pillow of hair above and below it. It looked pretty nice, but I didn't leave it in very long; myhair gets wispy and fuzzy and doesn't lie smooth. I make jewelry, too, and there's a diadem I wanted to copy as well. I am also not a Star Wars fanatic, but I do notice these things; glad I'm not the only one! Best wishes.---Kim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic