Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Guide to Getting 360s/540s/180s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aristogeiton96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aristogeiton96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guide to Getting 360s/540s/180s
    Posted: June 29 2019 at 9:18pm
I wanted to post a simple guide to getting 360 Waves for Coarse Hair Wavers: 

First thing I want to mention is that there's been a myth that people with really coarse, 4C/3C hair (its generally referred to as "nappy") hair can't get 360 waves. That is ridiculous. Its easier for people with coarse hair to get waves at lower lengths, and they usually are more resilient after a low cut than those with medium textures or straight textures. 

Simple tools you'll need: 
A rat tail comb
A hard brush
A medium brush
A soft brush

A solid moisturizer (I like Double Butter Cream, Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Moisture Milk, or simple Olive Oil Cream; they're all available at Walgreens/CVS/Walmart/Target) 
A pomade (optional)

A shampoo
A conditioner
A durag or wave cap

To start, I recommend getting either a 1 or a 1.5 WTG (a 2 ATG), when you want to start; immediately after that, you can get to work brushing (maybe rinse your hair out so you don't have a brush full of loose hairs. 
Depending on how sensitive your scalp is, you can start with either a medium brush or a soft brush. I recommend 75 strokes in each direction, starting from your crown, going outward. The back gets brushed down, the front gets brushed forward, and the sides get brushed toward the temple. Moisturize before hand, and go to town. Put your durag on (tying the strings flat, and not too tight), afterward, especially if you're sleeping. 
Do this a minimum of once a day, washing and conditioning every 3-4 days. 

As for washing your hair:
I always have a cheap medium "shower brush" I use when I get in the shower and want to wash my hair. I start by rinsing my hair, doing a solid brush session (maybe 20 strokes in each direction), then I take the shampoo, rub it in my hair in the same way I brush and put in the moisturizer, do another 30 stroke brush session, rinse, add the conditioner, do the brush session again, rinse, dry a little bit, brush one more time (maybe 25 strokes, if needed add a small amount of moisturizer), and rag-up for at least an hour, depending on how warm it is. 

If I take it off soon after, I might do another 50 stroke brush session, and rag back up again. 

First wolf session: After about 3 weeks (I'll get a line-up every 2-3 weeks so I don't appear too unkempt), I'll start longer brush sessions (125-200 per direction), with more hard brushing at the beginning, followed by medium brushing and soft brushing. If my hair starts to overcurl, I'll add in a comb-session as well, (comb the same way I brush, before each session), then add a bit of pomade, and brush it in well. I'll also add in some pomade after about 5 weeks, so my hair doesn't become too unmanageable. 

After maybe 6-8 weeks, I'll get a 1.5 or a 2 WTG haircut + a taper, and start the process over again. 

If done correctly the first time, you should have 360 waves, though they may not be complete of straight. 

Just keep brushing and keep pushing, you've got it. 

C-fiftie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-fiftie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2020 at 9:05pm
That's a solid guide. Good tips bruh!
"I don't follow waves,I let the waves follow me"

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4990/backside3ln3.jpg" />[/URL]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic