Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Salon Visit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salon Visit
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:03pm
The other night I was at the salon and the girl working on me had really short hair. She said she wanted to have hair as long as mine, that was her goal, but she did not know if she could stand the awkward growing out phase. I encouraged her, and explained from my own experience that that's where the patience REALLY comes in, during that time. Then I was talking about the TLHS and this site, and about women who have hair 40-50" long, and she was kind of surprised, especially that there were web sites about it. Then I was talking about Dawn's wonderful hair ties and hair sticks (and she thought the hair ties sounded especially cool), and the stylist next to us overheard us, and she started to talk about the long hair she used to have (hers was really short, too), and how she loved to use hair sticks, etc. to put it up, and that sometimes she wished that she had it back, but didn't want to put up with grow-out either.It was kind of interesting, and it seems like there are quite a few short haired people out there who would like to have their hair long.Clare
Clare
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:03pm
Interesting experience Claire. Unfortunately for stylists, they get exponentially more pressure than the average person to have a trendy style. Many salon owners view their stylists as walking billboards for the salon and thus pressure them to keep their style updated, figuring clients will have more confidence in a stylist with a "stylish" 'do. In fact, I know of a prestigious local salon at which the owner required all new stylists to let him do their hair when they first started. This is the most extreme example I've heard of, but I'm sure there are other similar experiences out there. I'm always impressed when I see a stylist who has managed to retain her long hair after being at a shop for a while.By the way, a stylist with a good hair style doesn't guarantee a good stylist, since most of the time, they didn't do it themselves. Goes back to the old brain teaser about the town with only two barbers, one with a great haircut and the other with a scraggly mess. =)Later,JerkyFleaRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic