Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Debra Jo Sells Her Hair. Would you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Dawn from RareGems View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn from RareGems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:14pm
A lightening disaster at my house has had me off line for more than two weeks, so I know I'm a bit late on this one, but I just can't resist since Debra Jo's hair was definately an inspiration so many years ago.But I have to say in this case, the whole thing is just too creepy. For example, lets say, heaven forbid, that Crystal Gayle was to cut off her hair and decided to sell it to adoring fans, you can just picture people buying it to keep a piece in a favorite locket as some treasured momento of an artist they love as a whole person, singer, woman, role model, whatever. But in Debra Jo's case, well, lets face it, her fans don't really feel the same about her, she's more of an object, a nice butt, some great hair, generally an sexual fantasy and not much more. So just the thought of what the (probably mostly) guys who would want a piece of her hair are doing with it, or while they're holding it is, major yuck, just plain creepy. I would say it doesn't exactly serve to heighten my opinion of her for doing it either.Would I sell my own hair? Well, since I would never cut it (thats right, never, there are lots of things in life we can say never to, I would never rob a bank, I would never commit murder, I would never ride in the space shuttle) the point is moot. On the other hand, perhaps some sultan somewhere would care to offer five or ten million to test my resolve? :) Payment up front, of course!As Diane said, nice to see you starting threads, Karen, interesting topic, and I'm so very glad that you're feeling better. Now that more of us know about your situation, I'm sure the prayers and well wishes will make you feel lots better real soon!Very best wishes to all,Dawn> OK,> It is 2:39 AM and I can't sleep. I could work on the> Boutique..OK I will get there in a minute..but I enjoy> this board the most so I decided to post about Debra> Jo Fondren.> Actually I want everyone to know that my post about my> thyroid made me feel better just to talk about it and> my hair actually seems better the last day or so. I> also have more energy (witness my insomnia - :-)> OK. So I read this article that Debra Jo Fondren who> was a Playboy Playmate of the Year and famous for> ankle length thick luxious blonde hair. She is back in> the spotlight after some absence and is selling pieces> of her hair as official "collectibles". UGH.> I am not the one selling my hair but I still felt> violated.> Jeff has a magazine that interviews her about selling> her hair, what she has been doing since she cut off> all her hair and of course the appropriate photos of> her in various settings.> I personally would have a hard time selling my hair.> While I am a big believer in heart and similar> transplants, my hair feels so much a part of me that I> just don't think I could sell it.> I read an interview with Portia De Rossi (Ally McBeal> TV show) and she is quoted as saying that she cut her> hair off after making the movie Sirens and she> immediately regretted it. She says that "hair has> a certain power I was not aware of".> Comments? Thoughts? Would you sell your hair as> "collectibles"?> While I don't always get around to posting here, I> will confess that I lurk more often hear than all the> other boards because I love the wonderful debates.> After all, this is hair politics. :-)> Best wishes,> Karen
Zorak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:14pm
> ...in Debra Jo's case, well, lets face it, her fans don't> really feel the same about her, she's more of an> object, a nice butt, some great hair, generally an> sexual fantasy and not much more. So just the thought> of what the (probably mostly) guys who would want a> piece of her hair are doing with it, or while they're> holding it is, major yuck, just plain creepy.Yeah, this was my question when I read about it. Like I said earlier, there is a site on the web that sells women's cut off pony tails....I have always wondered what it is that people do with them? Maybe some buy them for wigs?> Would I sell my own hair? Well, since I would never> cut it (thats right, never, there are lots of things> in life we can say never to, I would never rob a bank,> I would never commit murder, I would never ride in the> space shuttle)Hmmmm. I guess this just has a tag on it that says "zorak bait", right? And you would not ride in the shuttle? Jeez, I would do that in a flash!!!> the point is moot. On the other hand, perhaps some sultan> somewhere would care to offer five or ten million to test> my resolve? :) Payment up front, of course!So things are not as "rock solid" as they would appear? :-) It has always been my contention that things are flexible and pliable....so even the famous "iron will" is willing if the terms are right? :-)Z.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:14pm
> Yeah, this was my question when I read about it. Like> I said earlier, there is a site on the web that sells> women's cut off pony tails....I have always wondered> what it is that people do with them? Maybe some buy> them for wigs?Hello Zorak;I knew this guy that was interested in ponytails. He went to her house and found lots and lots of male ponytails. She claimed that she was only collecting them as a hobby. Sick weird hey!! I told that male to watch out for her.>
Dawn from RareGems View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn from RareGems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:14pm
Find someone to pony up the ten mil (cash in advance of course!:)) and you can gleefully, smugly watch me eat crow to you hearts content!! :)Very best wishes to all,Dawn> Yeah, this was my question when I read about it. Like> I said earlier, there is a site on the web that sells> women's cut off pony tails....I have always wondered> what it is that people do with them? Maybe some buy> them for wigs?> Hmmmm. I guess this just has a tag on it that says> "zorak bait", right? And you would not ride> in the shuttle? Jeez, I would do that in a flash!!!> So things are not as "rock solid" as they> would appear? :-) It has always been my contention> that things are flexible and pliable....so even the> famous "iron will" is willing if the terms> are right? :-)> Z.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:14pm
> Find someone to pony up the ten mil (cash in advance> of course!:)) and you can gleefully, smugly watch me> eat crow to you hearts content!! :)> Very best wishes to all,> DawnHey Dawn:For that kind of money you could easily hire someone to totally pampar you while your hair would grow back. lol Nice even number. I like it. lolDiane from Canada
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic