Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Guys in dresses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 9:57am
Dingo,

Just curious, but are you by any chance from Michigan? Your description of your local shopping sounds a lot like where I live. (Have to drive to Detroit/Chicago for any REAL shopping!)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 10:11am
Hey everybody! Guys wearing dresses...wierd! I`ve never seen a guy who wore a dress outside of a drag queen or a costume for Halloween or whatever. I`ve had a guy tell me before that he wished that he could wear dresses or skirts b/c they look more comfortable (I agreed). I don`t want to be close-minded here, but I don`t think that it would look good or be appealling in any way to see a guy in a dress....its just too strange. Long hair & earrings are cool on guys tho...they can be kinda sexy. Oh, yeah, kilts are cool too. If guys wanted to start wearing skirts or whatever, they should start wearing kilts and tartans...now THOSE are sexy (I`m sure you`ve all seen Braveheart and/ or Rob Roy!). I guess I`m a little bit more of a traditionalist.
Inga
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 12:44pm
Dingo,

Don`t let negative people stop you honey from being an individual, just ignore people that make nasty comments and attempt to dissuade you from your interests. and I am sure that hetrosexual men can choose different styles for themselves that seem outside of the norm to many people. you are not hurting anyone sweetie! And thank you for starting this lively chat on this website!

Dingo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 6:30pm
Nah, sorry Lyris, I live in Australia (hence the name ;))
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 7:59pm
Dingo!
You are Australian buddy! I thought all Australian guys were ultra-macho maniacs who drink massive quanities of Fosters beer, play rugby, and like big tall women with voluputous bodies and muscles!
And you want to wear a dress and high heels! What`s the world coming to!!!!!
No, with all due respect, I think people should just be happy, I like most everyone and I just want you people to do what you want!
Beautiful dark haired Rita, if you want to dress up your man in a dress, do it to him sister!
Lovely Carol, if you want to attend oddball fashion shows run by gay dudes and look at male models prancing around in sarongs, be my guest!
And Dingo buddy, what could be more hip than an Australian he-man in a dress and high heels!

All I know is you are not getting me to wear a dress because one- I am not the least bit interested or inclined to wear a dress, I like my blue jeans, and two- I play ice hockey and work in the taxicab industry.As we all know ice hockey players are even more barbaric than rugby players, and most cab drivers in Minnesota where I live are either American guys who are ex-convicts or crazy foreigners from terrorist countries! In other words the guys I know, can tell you all about cars, sports and guns, but could not tell a dress from a sarong, and if they saw a guy wearing a dress, they would probably drag out the boiling pot of oil!!!!!
Sorry folks, I`m just not a dress kinda guy!

dark haired Rita View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark haired Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 8:31pm
Johan,

YOU ARE A REAL WISEGUY!!!!!!!!!!
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 11:31pm
Now that is funny to visualize ice hockey men wearing dresses lol NOt in a million years that would happen in Canada.

I think that certain things should be left alone. Men can be so sexy wearing certain things ( like those texans men wearing dusters) as women can be wearing that right kind of dress but too much is too much . If I came across someone like Steven Seagal wearing a dress I would quickly turn my back and run eventhought I think the man is sexy you know. Certain things are just sacred and shouldn`t be touch. What happen to the whole image what a man looks like and what a woman looks like? Heck I hardly wear pants. I hate them and I don`t own a pair of blue jeans.
dianefromcanada
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2002 at 12:22am
Diane from Canada,
When it comes to dresses on men, I have to agree with you I think it is silly. Dresses to me are feminine and for women. The problem though Diane is not so much the men on this issue, it doesn`t even occur to most men to wear a dress, the problem is some of the women! I have known guys who I have had conversations with whose wifes or girlfriends want them to perm their hair or try a dress on, or shave their chest or their legs, stuff like that! Women like to make love to men, and they want men to work and be responsible towards their women and kids, but so many women like fashion so much that they want to not only dress up their men in men`s clothing, they like to dress them up in women`s clothing too! I have even personally met women like this, and I have heard and read many stories from people. To some women men are like a big, grown up living breathing version of the dolls the womern used to play with when they were girls. And of course, to some degree women like to play with other women too, give them haircuts and hairstyles talk about clothes they should wear and so forth. Many, many women are just fashion mad, much like some guys are sports nuts!
So if men end up wearing dresses, sarongs, whatever, it will probably be because women talk them into it, just like it was women that talked guys into getting a pierced ear which, if you live in a big city, is very common with men nowadays, I should know, a woman talked me into it. But fortunately my wife does not want me to wear a dress!
Also Diane, I don`t know what gives you the idea that the big cities of Canada are any different than the big cities of the U.S. A. or England. I have been to Toronto and to Vancouver, and you have every weird type of person that we have here in the U.S..You have gays and lesbians, you have oddball eccentrics and artists, you have criminals( not quite as many criminals as the U.S., but you have them), you have environmental extremists, you have right wing religious nuts, you have surly Muslim immigrants, you have everything we have.And I assure you, and let`s hope this doesn`t happen, but if macho men sports guys started wearing dresses in the U.S.A., within a year they would be doing it in Canada too. Case in point earrings on men. I saw just as many guys with pierced ears in Toronto and Vancouver as I ever have in any U.S. city, and I saw plenty of noserings on women too. The major cities of Canada nowadays are no different than the U.S., we are too connected economically, sportswise, socially, you name it, and we travel back and forth all the time! In reality, and some Canadians hate this, but the U.S. and Canada, even though we are seperate countries still, are almost the same country, especially with the NAFTA treaty which gives us essentially a unified trade and economic situation! Also Canadians watch far more U.S. television and movies then they what Canadian television.Like it or not, whatever happens good or bad in the United States, also happens in Canada!
Dingo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2002 at 12:54am
Sorry Johan, but not all of us are burly rugby boozers ;). I Myself am a bit on the skinny side (my damn brother got all the size genes!), and am only about 5`8, which puts me near the shortest of my friends, and I hate football etc, too many rules, I got penalised for `tackling` someone, but they told me it was `decking`, too many technicalities. I`m into badminton and kung fu.

Basically, I recon that they should market clothing to both sexes, and leave it up to them to choose. Some guys would look good in skirts, some would look like really weird freakazoids (I agree with you there!), but hey, the reverse is true for women in pants.

I think the biggest problem is though, is that there is no Opportunity for that kind of decision to be made. Discrimination cuts both ways.

But hey, nobody ever said that the world was perfect ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2002 at 11:36pm
Johan the Canadian mentality is a lot different than the states. Not that I am saying anything bad about our Americans neighbors as I have many friends there. We tend to be very family oriented that we censure a lot of stuff. Our children tend to be brought up more strickly. Our education level is higher as it is proven by many test that compares countries. We don`t get half of the shows that our Americans friends do nor the magazines etc. We also tend to be very cultural and nationality oriented. We tend to be more calm and lay back. WE are known as a country of peace. We encourage more than one language in a home plus we have the schools to support that. Many people know more than two languages here. I have friends who easily know seven languages. Its not so unually. Personally I see the huge difference. We tend to be more trusting but at the same time if we don`t like something we do something and not just talk about it. We are very down to earth.
In a crisis we tend to help each other. In a suvey we were also known as a country that volunteers alot. PLus we are the cookie capital of the world.
dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2002 at 11:37pm
Johan the Canadian mentality is a lot different than the states. Not that I am saying anything bad about our Americans neighbors as I have many friends there. We tend to be very family oriented that we censure a lot of stuff. Our children tend to be brought up more strickly. Our education level is higher as it is proven by many test that compares countries. We don`t get half of the shows that our Americans friends do nor the magazines etc. We also tend to be very cultural and nationality oriented. We tend to be more calm and lay back. WE are known as a country of peace. We encourage more than one language in a home plus we have the schools to support that. Many people know more than two languages here. I have friends who easily know seven languages. Its not so unually. Personally I see the huge difference. We tend to be more trusting but at the same time if we don`t like something we do something and not just talk about it. We are very down to earth.
In a crisis we tend to help each other. In a suvey we were also known as a country that volunteers alot. PLus we are the cookie capital of the world.
dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2002 at 11:38pm
Johan the Canadian mentality is a lot different than the states. Not that I am saying anything bad about our Americans neighbors as I have many friends there. We tend to be very family oriented that we censure a lot of stuff. Our children tend to be brought up more strickly. Our education level is higher as it is proven by many test that compares countries. We don`t get half of the shows that our Americans friends do nor the magazines etc. We also tend to be very cultural and nationality oriented. We tend to be more calm and lay back. WE are known as a country of peace. We encourage more than one language in a home plus we have the schools to support that. Many people know more than two languages here. I have friends who easily know seven languages. Its not so unual. Personally I see the huge difference. We tend to be more trusting but at the same time if we don`t like something we do something and not just talk about it. We are very down to earth.
dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2002 at 11:39pm
Johan the Canadian mentality is a lot different than the states. Not that I am saying anything bad about our Americans neighbors as I have many friends there. We tend to be very family oriented that we censure a lot of stuff. Our children tend to be brought up more strickly. Our education level is higher as it is proven by many test that compares countries. We don`t get half of the shows that our Americans friends do nor the magazines etc. We also tend to be very cultural and nationality oriented. We tend to be more calm and lay back. WE are known as a country of peace. We encourage more than one language in a home plus we have the schools to support that. Many people know more than two languages here. I have friends who easily know seven languages. Its not so unual. Personally I see the huge difference. We tend to be more trusting but at the same time if we don`t like something we do something and not just talk about it. We are very down to earth.
dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2002 at 11:48pm
Sorry the sent button was stuck.

Also Johan if you actually study this country you would notice that we are very proud of having many different nationality in our country. It makes our country richer. We tend to not be racist. We don`t judge people by their colour. We also have many opportunities as festivals that encourage each other to learn about people cultures. WE have many restaurants and opportunity to try out each other foods. WE have little markets like Europeans countries. Sure enough we visit and go for business but never mistake yourself. A Canadian is a Canadian eh eh eh with all the A in between the letters which American often giggle when they hear us say A so many times lol

We don`t have bible belts. Yes we have many different churches with some cults. Even the cults are often investigated especially where I live. Two years ago the police really crack down. There was a law that passed. There is never a need to feel that you are not safe on our streets because of skin colour etc. Yes we do have our crimes. Canada is a wonderful country that gives people a lot of peace of mind and the freedom to feel that we are equal human beings so Johan you are very wrong.
dianefromcanada
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2002 at 12:36am
Diane from Canada,
Diane,
I live in Minneapolis, Canada is right up the street from me, I have been there many times.
The Canada you are describing is true as a whole, but it is no longer true in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal. With the exception of murder, crime has risen to levels in Toronto and Vancouver similar to that of many American cities. In fact crime experts from New York and Boston, where they have significantly reduced crime recently have actually been brought into Toronto recently to help reduce crime,(U.S. experts have also been brought into several west European countries recently).
You are definetly not more family orientated than the U.S.. Our birth rates are quite a bit higher than Canada, even the Caucasian birth rates are higher in the U.S. than in Canada. Canada, in fact without immigration would start to shrink in population within a few years. The U.S. meanwhile even without immigrants would grow, and with the immigration we have is growing even faster. And you most certainly have been experiencing an increasing problem with hate crimes in the big cities especially in Toronto and Montreal(remember the burning down of the large Muslim Mosque in Montreal). You were racially tolerant in the past because you had a miniscule black population compared to the U.S., and a very small Muslim population, but as these groups have moved into your large cities, you are developing "U.S.A." problems, which is one reason the Reform Party of Canada, that is so strong in Alberta and British Columbia wants and end to most of the immigration into Canada! And in British Columbia as wealthy Asian immigrants from Hong Kong and Taiwan move ahead of whites economically,(which they are), and grow to a much larger percentage of the population, white resentment and hate crimes are increasing. I have talked to many Canadians, including educated business people who have ridden with my cab service, and they talk often about the growing divisions in Canada, and how Canada`s large cities are developing "American" problems. Once your racial minorities become as high of a percentage as they are in the U.S., and there is no large majority, where every group is fighting for jobs and resources, like we have to do, you will find you are not better or more moral than we are, you will have the same human tensions and flaws that other countries have, and Canada`s utopian days will be over, and you will have U.S. problems. Your attitude of moral superiority wiil be gone soon as you realize that Canada really isn`t that different from other countries like the U.S., Mexico, and Britian.
I`m glad you love your country and I love Canada too, it is a great country and I love it dearly, and it still is much better than most countries, but you are looking at what your country was, and not what it is becoming, and believe me I am sorry, very sorry to say this. I much prefered the big cities of Canada twenty years ago when I first visited Canada, than what I saw in Canada in recent years.
In summary, it will be impossible for Canadians to avoid the problems of the U.S., Mexico, and Britian.
Sincerely, and with some regret I say this, and I still love Canada and wish you well!
Albert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2002 at 1:42am
I STILL DON`T LIKE MEN IN DRESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah Johan you are right Canada is developing U.S. problems! That is certainly nothing to celebrate. You really wouldn`t wish on our Canadian friends the kind of problems we have have to put up with , would you? But I have read in the Chicago papers how Toronto is becoming like a little New York or Chicago, they are getting the crime, the weirdos, the conflict with the immigrants, etc., and Montreal, they only like French. The other groups like Haitians and Arabs who have moved in are starting to develop American style ghettos! The French hate them! You would think that the Canadian government would look at the U.S. and learn what not to do, like flood the country with people that will never assimilate or integrate with the other Canadians, but I guess the Canadian government is stupid like the U.S. government is! When Canada was having mainly Christian immigrants, people from England, Ireland, France, East Europe, maybe a few South Americans, it probably worked, but radical Arab and African muslims, will that work! Good luck!
We vacationed in western Canada two summers ago. It is so beautiful! But when we got to Vancouver, I swear to you, the Chinese outnumber the whites there, all the whites are moving out. And don`t get me wrong, I love all races, and the Chinese are hard working, but they brought in so many there, even more than the U.S., that they are buying out the whites, and the whites are all moving out to other areas. In ten years, Vancouver will be over 50%% Oriental Asian the way it is going. That is good for the Chinese, but not too good for the Europeans In Vancouver! That is why they are starting to have the street fights like America.
And yeah the major metros of Canada will be like the U.S., every group the minority, and everybody fighting for jobs. If the economy is good it will be ok, but when the economy is bad, it will be the same thing that happens with us Johan, people looking out for themselves. I am used to it, I lived most of my life in Chicago, I am not paranoid, but a nice country like Canada with such nice wholesome naive people, you hate to have to put them through it!
Albert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2002 at 1:58am
You want to know the worst thing about Canada starting to get messed up like the U.S. Johan, Americans will have nowhere to go to escape, nowhere to take vacations or hide out. When Canada gets like the U.S. and Mexico, like you mentioned Johan, they will just be another country that lost it`s innocence, and there are very few countries left that aren`t plagued with ethnic strife, weirdos and crime. The number of sheltered , protected countries, you can count them on one hand. I blame it on stupid governments that don`t listen to the people!
Dean View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2002 at 7:26am
Guys in dresses, well I guess it isn`t illegal in most countries, but I think I will pass on that one. I like the dresses on the ladies.
It is interesting Johan that you mention Canada`s looming demographic problem, I study demographics quite a bit, I`m a bit of an amateur demographer, and yes Canadian politicians are baffled and worried about the sharp drop in birthrates in Canada. The Reform Party that you mentioned that dominates western Canada wants to bring in only enough immigrants to keep Canada stable, and wants Canada to have mainly Judea-Christian immigrants from Europe and the Americas. The Liberal party that dominates politics in eastern Canada wants a relatively higher rate of immigration from a variety of continents. There is also talk in both political parties to do what they have done in Scandinavia the past twenty years, to pay Canadians to have more children. That worked, at least to some degree in Norway, Finland and Denmark. at any rate Canada has to do something, or there will not be enough workers to sustain their social welfare and medical programs.
the United States has the opposite problem. our birthrates have been increasing for the past decade, mainly due to our large fundamentalist, conservative Christian population, our large Mexican population, and the group with the highest birthrates of all, the fast growing Mormon population in the western states. Those high birthrate groups, along with fairly high immigration means that only India is expected to add more people over the next fifty years than the U.S.. While Canada will be lucky to maintain their population at 35 million, the United States is excepted to grow from 280 million at present to 460 million by the year 2058! And you think the Canadians are intimidated by us now, obviously our fast growing population will eventually spill over into Canada, especially as the U.S. starts to run out of water in the west, and will be unable to sustain the fast population growth. Two countries with huge problems indeed, a dying Canada in decline, and a U.S. with rapid population growth. Immigration reform into the U.S. would obviously help slow the U.S. growth, but even with relatively little immigration we would still have a fair amount of growth.
By the way, the five fastest growing countries in the world , India, the United States, Indonesia, Turkey, and Nigeria, these five countries will account for half the world`s population growth over the next fifty years. The fastest declining countries, Russia, Japan, Italy, the Ukraine, and believe it or not Spain, who twenty years ago had the highest birthrates in western Europe, and sent millions and millions of immigrants to Argentina, Mexico, and other Latin Ameican countries! In fact Spain and Italy are paying South American Spainards and Italians to return to Spain and Italy! Who would have ever guessed that Spain, Italy, and healthy spacious Canada, would be confronting possible population declines!
dark haired Rita View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark haired Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2002 at 10:04am
No way Dean that America is going to add 180 million more people than we alreadyhave, no one in America wants that, even the foreigners don`t want that. Obviously they will cut back immigration to normal levels, they have been talking about doing that anyway, since the Sept.11th terrorist attacks!
And if Canadian women aren`t having enough babies, their government will just pay people in Canada to have more babies, like they do in some foriegn countries. There I solved the problem.
Now lets talk about what this thread is supposed to be about, which is men in dresses, that is what Dingo wanted to discuss, stuff like that. And men are so sexy in dresses, and many women think that. In fact if Canada needs more babies, they should sex up their men more by having them grow beautiful long hair, wear earrings and wear a long dress, The Canadian women(except Diane), would find it so sexy on men and they would want to have more babies with the men! He he he! But really, handsome, strong virile men in kilts, sarongs, dresses, ets. are adorable. And Dingo agrees with me and he is Australian and those guys are studs! Right Dingo!
Of course I`m right!
petite Tina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petite Tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2002 at 11:56am
I think it is fine Dingo if you want to wear a dress, but please be careful, there are some very rough guys out there who might not understand a man like you that prefers feminine clothing.
Also, do you have a girlfriend, and does she like to dress you up. Do Australian ladies like guys with long hair, I kind of like it on guys! I have very long straight brunette hair myself past my waist, although I am considering going to a short hairstyle, long hair is alot of work to take care of!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic