Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
head shop rocks View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote head shop rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reply
    Posted: January 08 2003 at 6:34pm
THANKS JENNIFER

I am styist, and what do a for a living I went to school for, which costs in this city 9000.00 Can.
So, I have LOAN, I am new at it. I don`t make all kinds of money and if and when I do make good money are you really going to grunt me it for standing all day on my feet and trying to please everyone who sets in my chair.When people say "do whatever I don`t care"THEY DO CARE. So don`t sew up is what they really mean K. So if people like taking chances with there hair at home ,please try it becaucse it is double for me to fix something. I know how, but you don`t because that is what makes the stylist the pro at hair.
And as far as going into a professional product store where you saw the $10.00 bleach, You had No Right to be in there .Only licenced stylists are aloud in product stores.That why it`s a legelized.
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2003 at 3:07am
Hi there, head shop rocks.

Completely off the subject, if you want to reply to a message, please hit the `reply` button and not the `new thread` button. It seems like you`ve done this a few times now.

See ya!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2003 at 7:47am
Actually, Sally Beauty is a supply house open to the public. I am not a stylist but I have a discount card there and buy much of my shampoo and conditioner at that store. It is perfectly legal: a sign right on the front door says "Open to the Public." Therefore, we have every right to shop there if we choose, and that place has a great selection of quality products.

However, I agree that NO ONE inexperienced in salon techniques should ever try $10 bleach on their own hair or use any type of drastic color removal product. The result can be disastrous and fixing it will cost a lot more than the price of cheap bleach. I recommend that non-stylists stick to shampoos, conditioners and stylers when they visit Sally and leave the color to the salon.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2003 at 10:15pm
Hi!!
I just wanted to clear a few things up for you.
Sally`s Beauty Supply is NOT where the majority of hair stylist go to buy their supplies. In our eyes, that place carry "the bottom of the bucket" hair supplies. Wella and Loreal has a professional line of haircolor and perms but they are NOT sold at Sally`s. Those Wella and Loreal products that are sold there are just a repackaged product of the same thing you can buy at Walmart of any other discount store. The supply stores we buy our haircolor, perms and products from are VERY closely monitored on whom they sell there products to. You must set up an account by showing your professional license, your drivers license and your shop license. Then they are checked out and only then can we buy from them. The professional product lines (such as Redken, Paul Mitchell) set the rules on the buying practices. To use these professional products you must be licensed and fully trained in their product or other professional product. They do this to protect the consumer.
Before anyone EVER thinks they can do the same as a stylist, just keep in mind, we went through a year of beauty school and countless hours studying the monthly updates we are bonbardered with all the time and not to mention the thousands upon thousands of dollars we spend every year traveling to hair shows and seminars just to keep up with the ever changing technology of the Salon industry.

Before anyone mentions that you can buy Paul Mitchell, Redken or any other styling products at Target or any other discount store, PLEASE KNOW they are aquireing these products illegally. It is called product diversion. Professional products are very strong and they do exactly what they say they do. Therefore it takes our vast knowledge and training to know exactly what your hair needs. If you use the wrong shampoo or conditioner on your hair that wasn`t meant for your hair, you can really mess your hair up.

Please thank your Hairstylist next time you see them and I hope gave you some information that will enable you to respect them even more.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic