Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

does your stylist try to influence you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mr. Happy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2004 at 6:46am
Excellent question! I am in a bit of a spot around that issue. I am at a point, personally, where I would love to be honest, up to and including admitting to my fetish. There are two things preventing me:

1. I do not want to put my stylist in the position of having "too much information." There right to not hear about uncomfortable topics trumps my need to talk about it. Unless, of course, I knew it wouldn't bother them.

2. The indulgent and tolerant Mrs. Happy has allowed me to include hairplay in our intimate life for the past 20 years or so. She now sees my fetish as shared intimate territory that SHE is not comfortable with me sharing. Again, I believe that her position trumps my own.

And of course I get completely tongue tied around this subject as well. Thank heavens for the internet...

I remain,
Mr. Happy

Originally posted by StyleGuy StyleGuy wrote:

Well, can I turn this question around?

Mr. Happy, if there was such a thing as a stylist you could be honest with about your feelings, would you want that? How open are you prepared to be?

Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2004 at 10:33pm
My stylist almost never gives unsolicted advice, and she knows I'm trying to grow my hair out so she goes along with that. In fact, she has beautiful long hair so I usually ask her advice about how she gets her own hair to look that way. She doesn't specialize in long hair, but I know she loves hers so she can relate to people who want the same.
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2004 at 4:54pm
I've never had my hair cut by the same barber twice, so, no.
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young L da Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 11:39pm
thats true.
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:44pm
Yep true
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic