Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Manners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Manners
    Posted: October 07 2004 at 4:12pm
On many occassions several of us ladies get together at a local restaurant have dinner and just visit. Most of the time one of the ladies will ask the daughter of one of the other ladies to come over and massage her head. This little scene will last anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes. First, I am so embarrassed. Second, this just makes me sick to my stomach.

How in the world can I handle this situation? I want to say something so bad but I dont want to embarrass her, myself or others at the table.

I love my friend dearly but the bad hair table manners has got to end.

Please help.

Robin
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2004 at 11:38pm
If I were you, I would talk to her about it when the two of you are alone. Don't bring it up at the restaurant -- this would make everyone feel awkward. I do think you have to say something, though. Head massage in public? In a restaurant? It makes me cringe.

She's also setting a bad example for your friend's daughter. I would guess that other people in the restaurant are put off by this behaviour. You would be doing her a favour by talking to her about this tactfully. I think she would be much more embarrassed if a stranger came up to her in the restaurant and said something in front of everyone. Good luck.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2004 at 11:56am
There's a problem with that on so many levels......First of all, the MOM! I would never let my child get up from a meal at a restaurant and stand behind someone to rub their head!!! First of all, it is off-putting to be seated at another table and have someone standing near you. But then to have them stand there for 15 to 30 mins rubbing someone's head? I don't think this is for anyone but the mom here. That's who you need to talk to. Then when the time comes up again and this occurs, the mom can say, "I'm sorry, but we are trying to teach "child name here" good restaurant manners.

I think that's the way to handle it...quite frankly, i don't think i could associate with someone whose manners are so atrocious.

no offense to your friend, I am sure she is a nice person, but really!

jacqui
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by hairalways hairalways wrote:

There's a problem with that on so many levels......First of all, the MOM! I would never let my child get up from a meal at a restaurant and stand behind someone to rub their head!!! First of all, it is off-putting to be seated at another table and have someone standing near you. But then to have them stand there for 15 to 30 mins rubbing someone's head? I don't think this is for anyone but the mom here. That's who you need to talk to. Then when the time comes up again and this occurs, the mom can say, "I'm sorry, but we are trying to teach "child name here" good restaurant manners.

I think that's the way to handle it...quite frankly, i don't think i could associate with someone whose manners are so atrocious.

no offense to your friend, I am sure she is a nice person, but really!

jacqui
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic