Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trendy bobs with glasses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brandbrandnew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandbrandnew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trendy bobs with glasses
    Posted: January 10 2005 at 1:58pm
I'm 17, and looking for a new look. I've searched through tuns of magazines and am annoyed to see that there are no pictures of models wearing glasses. I wear glasses and I've decided that I want a fringe, but how am I suposed to know what type of fringes look good with glasses if they're no pictures available.
It feels as though I'm being told that I can't have a stylish haircut that looks good just because I don't have perfect vision.

I'm sure some-one else out there is having or has had the same problem as me. If anyone could give me some advise please? It'd be muchly apreciated!

Cheers xxx
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 3:29pm
Good point. Someone should jump on that and consider hairstyles and glasses. Just from my observations a fringe should be shorter so it clears the glasses frames - how short depends on the style of glasses and your preference. Personally, I think it looks funny when the hair covers or goes under the glasses.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 1:38am
I think it's best cut just above the glasses, and pushed to the side to avoid the "kiddy schoolgirl" look. But that's just one girl's opinion. *shrugs*
I do think there should be more effort to show glasses in hair books, but maybe you could also look at eyeglass adverts for ideas? They generally have very beautiful, fashionable people in those.
More awesome than a manatee!
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 8:10am
I agree completely. Many women wear glasses and hardly any picture of hairstyles are women with glasses. And should they exist, the model wears a 0 correction lens, just as a fashion article. The effect of a real lens is that it makes the eyes smaller/larger (depending on what you need).

Nevertheless: use the optometrist (right word in English?) to search his catalogs of glasses wearing models! Hopefully you'll find an example there ...

Happy hunting!
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 7:25am
at this website you can upload your picture and try on different hairstyles and glasses...its good fun and might give you a better idea of what suits you...and best of all its totally free!unlike many of the others online.
click on the link for 'makeovermatic'

http://beauty.ivillage.com/es/mom/
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....
-_- ejay -_- View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -_- ejay -_- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 3:37pm
My girlf has this specific problem.
She wanted one of those full eyeskimming blunt fringes but it kind of sat on the frames - so after lots of retrims, her stylist cut her a thick fringe that sits just above the frames and is wide enough to miss the sides too, then graduates to just below her earlobes.
It looks great, kinda 'now' as well, and got my seal of approval.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic