Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please help fetishists be non-offensive on the boards.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPlease help fetishists be non-offensive on the boards.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
misterhappy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help fetishists be non-offensive on the boards.
    Posted: February 06 2005 at 8:33am
Below is a reply to an old post I put up on the celebrity board that really belongs here.

So here it is, and I would greatly appreciate feedback.

Thanks!

Mr. Happy

------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I know this thread is ancient. It popped up on the "from the past" line, and I had to (re-)read it.

JF is absolutely right that simply repeating a single opinion over and over or using certain words in every post that seem to be 'code' for other interests adds no value to the board and frequently sucks value right out.

So here is a question for JF and anyone else with an opinion (that may justify moving this to the general board).

This board will continue to attract fetishists. Myself included. I try pretty hard to only comment when I have something useful to say, but I have no idea whether I am successful or not.

Something that is extremely difficult for me, and I suspect for others of my ilk, is knowing where the "line" is. I desperately need to be able to engage in conversation about hair, both to avoid the loneliness that was such a part of my pre-usenet life, to say nothing of the multi-media opportunities of the WWW.
But more importantly, I am still trying to learn what is appropriate conversation on this topic. Bear in mind that this is a subject on which I have suppressed a lot of emotion for the last 35 years or so. Kinda clouds that wholle judgement thing.

I know that there is a 'line' that I should not cross. I have never been able to identify it, and your help would be invaluable..

So I am asking to hear about the perspective of non-fetishists as to what is and is not appropriate discussion. The more detail you can provide as to what is and isn't OK would be helpful. I am not asking to carve rules in stone, only to share your thoughts and feelings, so we do not violate anyone's sense of propriety.

[OK, this really should go to the 'general' board, so I will cross-post it. Pease respond on that board if possible.]

Thanks.

Mr. Happy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic