Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straightning hair. . .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
funkymunkey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkymunkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straightning hair. . .
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:22pm
Has anyone here tried straightening their hair by chemical means, I'm thinking about it.
robb View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2000 at 3:41pm
I have numerous times. If you're white and using a cream-style straigthener be sure to not leave it on too long. For most people just use a perm by Toni but don't use the curling rods. It does the same thing and is less harsh. It's also better if you hair is longer, say than 1/2 inch.

Geth View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2000 at 1:15am
Well, depending on the length and type of hair you have, you have several options. If it's course and curly..well, you must visit a good curly hair salon to do the job . However, most of the time you can straighten at home. If your hair is wavy like mine, you should try some of the non-chemical straighteners out there. Such as Rusks' "Straight". .it comes in a green tube and is great for keeping the humidity out once it's straightened. Apply to damp hair with a wide tooth comb, then allow it to set for a bit, then always blow dry when straigtening hair. Try not to hold your head upside down, as this will make it curl more, rather manipulate the hair with your fingers or a comb while blowdrying. Practice will make it easier. Also, try Phytodifrisant by Phytologie. It's great and is in my opinion the best non-chemical hair relaxer out there. Great for giving wavy hair or frizzy hair more control.
tse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2001 at 9:31pm
Reply to message: 14.10.1
does phytodifrisant really works? it is quite expensive, what do you mean by blow dry?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic