Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my hair
    Posted: March 05 2000 at 7:24pm
Hi,

Well I am trying in my small way to make up for the void in men's hair info and hopefully someday we will have tons of info on Hair Boutique. However, you are right. There is almost NO info on styling men's hair.

So to answer some of your questions.....how dry or oily spikes will be depends on a variety of things. It starts with the shampoo you use. Is it a shampoo for dry, normal or oily hair? If you use a shampoo that moisturizes your hair it will result in soft hair. When you add the gel it will make your hair look greasy in some cases.

To get really dry spikes try this....

Wash your hair with a drying shampoo like ARTec Kiwi. Do a final cold/cool rinse to close the hair cuticle and keep the oil down.

Use a good setting gel like Aveda's Confixer which is great for giving great hold with very little oil or moisture. Blow dry your hair and make little spikes with your fingers. Blow dry on slow speed and medium heat.

Then use a non greasy setting gel like Aveda's Flaxseed gel to form the spikes. Section the spikes and then use a little bit of the gel on each section. When finished blot the excess with a towel, carefully of course to not disrupt the spikes.

You can also use a light hairspray with alcohol which will dry the spikes even further.

Part of the recipe is to experiment a little bit with your own hair. A lot depends on the shampoos you use, the texture of your hair naturally and the spiking products.

Hope that helped.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
Hair Boutique
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
fool View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2000 at 2:40pm
someone please tell me the following:

i cant find anything that will show me written and visual instuctions for how to style mens hair.
You see, when i use gel or hair spray- my hair always looks wet and its hard to style. Anyways, this might sound corny, but on TV as well as on posters i see that their hair is (or at least looks) dry and yet it is sticking up, If anyone can tell me anything it would be helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic