Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Losing my hair... someday...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hines View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Losing my hair... someday...
    Posted: February 10 2000 at 7:29pm

Ok... For those of you who don't know me... I'm Jeff Hines and I am co-owner of The Hair Boutique. You can see pictures of me at the following link http://www.hairboutique.com/contact.htm">http://www.hairboutique.com/contact.htm

My hairline has been receding at a very slow rate for the last 10 years. It's actually worse this way because it gives you lots of time to anticipate the inevitable. Plus I've had the pleasure of every woman I've been with telling me that my hairline is receding and someday I will be bald (at least on top). At least my current mate tells me that she will love me no matter what. Anyway given that someday I will lose my hair on top I dread the long hair on the sides and back and no hair on the top look.

So what is a man to do. I like having long hair, but I think it looks dorky to have long hair and nothing on the top. I guess there is always hope with propecia and rograine.

So what do you think?

Does anyone else share this same dilemma?

How have you dealt with it?

Jeff.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2000 at 8:43pm
Hi Jeff,

Why not start some form of treatment? You'll never know whether or not it will work for you unless you try.

I bought Spencer David Kobren's book, "The Bald Truth," through the Hair Boutique and it has a lot of good information about how to supplement your diet with an herbal regimen.

I also take Propecia, and my hairline recession stopped as soon as I started to take it.

Good luck, Jeff!

Dave
administrater View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2000 at 8:49pm

Thanks Dave,

I guess I worried about possible side-effects of propecia. Have you noticed any?

Jeff.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2000 at 8:05am
Jeff,

I have not noticed any negative (libidinal) side effects from taking Propecia.

I have, though had an added benefit -- improved urinary flow. Had I known of this effect before seeing the doc, I would have asked him for Proscar (same drug as Propecia, only in a higher dose). Oh well.

Anyway, two positive effects, no negative effects.

Dave D.
longhair2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhair2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2000 at 2:44am
Jeff,

I checked out your pictures and it was difficult to assume your age which will have a direct consideration of your choices. IF you're under 40 and as concerned about the potential loss of hair then definitely consider Rogaine or Propecia use now! Because after 40 the effectiveness levels of those products diminish greatly and they're not cheap. If you smoke, stop. Reduce your caffeine intake, control your blood pressure if you have that problem, and maintain a well balanced healthy diet with vitamins and minerals and lots of water.

Even though nothing can alter genetics, you can slow down the inevitable or delay it. I am a pharmacist and have read most of the advice given in this website and most of it is very good. Rogaine and Propecia can be very helpful if started early. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist for more information.

Sincerely,

longhair2000
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic