Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm only 20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Niles View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm only 20
    Posted: February 21 2000 at 4:16am
I'm only 20 and i started noticing the receding of my hair line. Until now i don't think it's very noticable. I have been thinking lately if I should try some of the new medication, especially Propecia, in order to control this and since i'm still in an early stage of hairloss. I have older brothers and they all have receding hair lines so i know my hair line will keep receding and i may go bald one day. I still dont know if it's worth taking a pill everyday for the rest of my life. Should I start taking propecia in order to save my hair? What happens if i did start and then decided to stop it in the future? Is it worth it?
Please reply
longhair2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhair2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2000 at 12:50am
Niles,

To be the most effective, treatment should start ASAP and the reason for this is that whether it's Rogaine or Propecia, the younger you are when you start the more effective the treatment is. I would suggest starting Rogaine (brand or generic) first, because it's cheaper and you don't need to see a doctor to start. Propecia can have side effects which can create problems in some people, but which ever one you decide upon will have to be continued for life. If either treatment is stopped then hairloss will resume like it was never treated to begin with. If you know or have any relationship with a pharmacist, go and talk to him/her about both treatments. It will be time well spent and it's free unlike a doctor. If you don't know any or feel uncomfortable talking in the open with the potential of customers walking by and listening then feel free to e-mail me at hde_98@yahoo.com. I am a pharmacist and would be glad to talk to you.

longhair2000
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic