Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dry, frizzy hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
motionblur View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motionblur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dry, frizzy hair
    Posted: March 18 2000 at 2:28pm
Hello everybody.

I can't really classify what type of hair I have, because it can be different at anytime. When I get out of the shower, my hair is a little curly in the front, but either brushing my hair or using my hands will make it straight right away. Also, it looks and acts fairly normal when wet. However, when my hair dries, it is usually fluffy and frizzy. It doesn't even really move at all and it is like a hair ball (not that bad tho).

Not to mention, when dry, my hair lacks a nice color, but instead looks dry and discolored to some extent (ie, it is not the same browish color all around some just doesn't look right).

So I come asking a question. How can I can help my hair?

It didn't used to be like this all the time. When I was younger in like 5th and 6th grade and stuff, it was great. No friz, no discolorations. Just great. But now it isn't.

I've used one deep conditioner and it seems to have helped a little.

Anyways, are there any products you would recommend (and where to get them, perferably in a store not online) to treat the dryness and frizz? Also, something to bring my nice dark brown color back and make my hair look healthier?

Also, could this be just a temp thing because my hair used to be great when I was like in 5th/6th grade? And in a few years it'll go back to normal since I am noticing maybe a sligtly less degree of curl now?

thanks a bunch
dodo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2000 at 10:11pm
Your hair might have grown coarse.When I was young my hair was super straight and fine.Now it has grown coarse and the ends twirl a bit.In your case maybe its natural.My hair is also discoloured.Sort of a worn off black with brownish hints which is a normal colour.I live in a tropical country and the sun causes discolouration and also damage.I use Aveda products and my hair improve significantly.My hair looks much better now.The brown(prescriptions not clove) conditioner although a bit drying has really darken my hair a lot making it vibrant looking.Since Aveda uses little silicone, my hair tends too feel cleaner.I mean using pantene makes your hair a bit too soft or oily.Oh yeah I found that after using aveda's hair gels my hair is better protected.I did this because using conditioner can dry out and weigh down my hair a bit.The gel contains aloe vera as the main ingredietn so maybe that why its not so drying?
tse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2001 at 4:11pm
Reply to message: 14.47.1
i have the same problem, i am a spanish male whose hair is wavy/curly by this i mean is kind of wavy but curly at the front, it is not thin nor thick and it gets pretty dry and freezy specially after shower, i live in mexico by the way and when i was a child it looked wavier and less dry.
i could get it wavy if i brush but it gets amazing dry and frizzy, some people even think i am really curly and i barely am but the frizz is the problem. the water in my house is very hard and has lots of chlorine, it messes the hair completely so i decided to buy a shower filter, as well as the following products to help my hair achieve a baby smooth long look:
vavoom smoothing gel, artec smoothing shampoo, artec smoothing conditioner, artec smoothing serum.
tell me if you have used any of those products or any recommendations you might have. thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic