Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

temp hair loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
motionblur View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motionblur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: temp hair loss
    Posted: March 25 2000 at 3:25pm
Hello everybody.
I'm an 18 year old who thinks he may have lost his hair but who thinks his hair might be growing back.

Now, I didn't lose a lot of hair. I lost hair around the front of my head and it made this type of hairline: http://www.regrowth.com/documents.cfm?id=10044

Now when I examine my hair in those "pockets", I am noticing some small hairs spread out, and more concentrated towards the edges of the curved line (not to mention longer). Going out farther, I notice even smaller hairs more sparsely separated. Going to the imaginary line where my old hairline was, I don't see any hairs yet, but it seems they are coming there.

Is this the case? Is my hair growing back? Could it be attributed to stress since I know my hair has not always been like this?

Also, my hair in general is a little finer than usual (nothing really too noticeable except to myself). However, I used to notice a quite a few (around 15-20 hairs) would come out when I comb my hair, but now see a lot less. Does this mean my hair will go back to its normal thickness too?

In addition, if this is the case, does anyone know any things I can do/take to speed up this process and help it as much as possible? Any products anyone would recommend and where I can find them, peferably in stores and not online?

And one last thing, I noticed that my hair type has changed a little too. It used to be great back in 5th/6th grade, but now it a lot dryer and more frizzier and somewhat curly. However, I am noticing my hair isn't as curly as it used to be. Could this change in hair type and loss of hair be tied to me growing and will go back to normal in a few years?

thanks a bunch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic