Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bleach questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleach questions
    Posted: December 27 2000 at 10:26am
I have brown hair. When I try to get it to a white blonde, it never gets there. Turns out yellow. I tried one of the bleach kits and it was OK but still not white white. How do I get there and also how do I prevent the red ring onmy forehead from teh bleach?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2000 at 2:59am
Reply to message: 14.149.1
Hi,

You probably need more than one bleach application. The darker your hair, the more times you have to bleach it. You can prevent the red ring by using a thin layer of vaseline around your forehead. Or you can tape cotton there. The important thing is to wipe up any drips from your skin. Also, if possible, use scalp bleach rather than regular bleach. It will take a lot longer to lift the color but it will probably not burn at all.

With your current color you may need 2-3 separate bleach applications.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
be View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2001 at 12:59pm
Reply to message: 14.153.1
make sure you are using the SUPER form of the bleach you select
for example, L`Oreal Blondissima comes in regular and super formula
the super formula has a second package of activator powder
the maximum development time for this product is 90 minutes

if you have red/orange/yellow tones after you have bleached for 90 minutes, you might want to try
using a color neutralizing shampoo
look for shampoo such as AVEDA Blue Melva or AG Silver, these shampoos are either blue or silver
based and will help eliminate brassiness in your hair

alternatively, you can use a dandruff shampoo, such as H & S, with is blue in color, and that might help as well
SCrow816 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCrow816 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2001 at 10:07pm
atleast u didnt do what i did i hopped in the tub and poured clorox bleach on my head had to wash it out cuase it burned and i couldnt breath ha ha

well it seemed like it made sense bleeching hair and pouring bleech on your head
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic