Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tough brown hair to straight red hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Billion View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tough brown hair to straight red hair.
    Posted: February 16 2001 at 1:29pm
Hi. I`m eighteen, still in high school, and I`ll tell you upfront I know practically nothing about hair.
I have dark brown hair. I`m trying to find a way to get red hair; one of those bright red-head looks. I know that I have to get my hair lighter, then color the red in (or something like that, I think). I don`t know whether to seek a professional, or try it at home.
My other big problem is that my hair is difficult to work with. I didn`t always take care of my hair, but for the past two weeks I`ve shampooed and conditioned it every evening. Still, when I wake up, I have to fight to get a comb through it. Even after that, it won`t stay down; it expands and makes two-inch-deep mess. Within hours, a comb is as hard to run through it as in the morning.
I`m probably wrong, but I`m REALLY hoping there`s an easier way to do this. If you could help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2001 at 4:34pm
Reply to message: 14.189.1
What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use?

If you don`t use a conditioner, then you should try one.
Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
McKee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2001 at 7:53pm
I think you should go to a professional first and see what he/she sayz... then take it from there.
"If everybody demanded peace instead of another television set, then there`d be peace"

~John W. Lennon
Sephiras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephiras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2001 at 12:44am
I would definatly go with proffessional, its worth the $75-$100. I dyed my hair black for over a year at home and decided to go for something different, stripped the hair of its color and went with a warm tone and turned out great with no hassel.

The best thing to do is take care of your hair for a while. I find for 4-12 months of "down time" while you restructure your hair is definetly worth the wait. I`ve been doing it since august when I had my hair stripped and dyed again, that time it really damaged my hair, so I am just growing it out and keeping it in good condition until I go for another cut and dye; I think I have about 2 months to go, lol.
Dave Clipson View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Clipson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2001 at 9:19pm
Reply to message: 14.189.1
I used to have really bad hair in the morning, but a few years ago I started taking showers in the morning instead of the evening. I find that this not only helps to wake me up, but I feel cleaner in the morning and my hair is easy to manage when recently towel-dried. You might want to try changing your shower scheduling. Also, consider using hair spray. I use a "thermal" - it holds the hair from getting "poofy" from static, but doesn`t make it look greasy or anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic