Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best shampoo for thin fine hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chris7856 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris7856 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best shampoo for thin fine hair
    Posted: April 16 2003 at 12:05pm
what is the best shampoo to use for fine thin hair.. I have fine thin hair and after i wash its nearly impossible to do anything with my hair cause it just lays there and becomes very limp and lifeless. I just started using this new dove shampoo for thin fine hair and it seems to be the best i have found so far but if anyone else has any suggestions they would be appreciated.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2003 at 8:30am
Chris,
Put this question on the Fine Hair board. I have thin, fine hair and the best shampoo I have ever used (and I have tried them all) is Progaine clarifying shampoo. It gets my hair really clean and I can do a lot more with it after using that shampoo. If you are using conditioner of any kind, stop. It will make your hair greasy looking and lifeless. Also be careful what other products you use. Most are just too heavy for fine, thin hair.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
IndyGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndyGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2003 at 6:13am
Try Clairol Herbal Essences
(Extra Body for Fine Hair)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2003 at 6:25pm
Hi Chris,

A friend of mine...a guy...had very paperthin fine hair. It was super soft but he just couldn't get it to do anything. He did a trial of several shampoos including Aveda Blue Malva which tends to ruffle the cuticle a little, ARTec Volume, PhytoVolume shampoo and PhytoVolumeMousse (two different formulas) Matrix VaVoom and Matrix Amplify.

The winner? Matrix Amplify by the gel. :-) His hair looks fantastic and he loves the way he has control of it. He washes with the Matrix Amplify shampoo, rinses well, does a cool water rinse and then towel blots. He applies a tiny bit of the Amplify gel to the roots and then a little over the rest of his and blow dries with a brush. His hair looks full and lays nicely all day. He just bought 6 tubes of the Matrix gel because he was worried that he might not able to find it since his current salon stopped carrying it. :-)

He also did say that he had very good results with the PhytoVolume and PhytoVolume Actif although he did not like the Matrix VaVoom or the Artec Volume. He like the Aveda but didn't like the price. And he felt that the Matrix Amplify was very superior.

Bottom line, you have to test for yourself. Many beauty supply stores sell small bottles of different formulas so you don't have to invest a lot of money to try the formulas. Buy just the shampoo and if it works add the gels. That is another way to not spend unnecessary money.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Karen

PS. Welcome to our board.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Frank View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2003 at 2:21pm
I would like to try the Matrix. Where would I find this product?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2003 at 12:57pm
Hi Frank,

Matrix is available in some salons that use the Matrix products and you can buy it from the larger beauty & hair supply stores that cater to consumers. I have also seen it at Ulta from time to time. You might want to look under hair and beauty in the yellow pages and then look for salons that advertise Matrix products. Or call a large beauty supply chain and inquire if they carry Matrix.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2003 at 3:44pm
It is also available at some of the stores on the Web. Do a search on Google for Matrix and you should find some online sites that have it.
anies45laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anies45laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 11:00pm
I recommend the Avalon Organics Shampoo. This is one of the best products for weak and thinning hair.

Edited by Administrator - June 12 2012 at 8:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic