Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

goin a lil shorter, need style tips!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
96cobraguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 96cobraguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: goin a lil shorter, need style tips!
    Posted: March 14 2004 at 4:12pm
ok, ive been growing my hair for about 7 years now, and ive always been thinking about donating it to Locks of Love, which makes wigs for kids w/ cancer. Its past the middle of my back now, but i really cant do much w/ it, other than braid it. I really cant wear it down because of how wavy it gets. So I want to get to about shoulder length, since i dont think id be able to make the complete transition from super long to really really short. plus i like my hair a lil long, but short enough to do something w/ it. now... heres the problem, in the 7 years ive been growing my hair... i really have not looked into any men's hairstyles. ive searched and searched, cant find anything online. and in maxim and a few other magazines, nothing w/ kinda long hair. the only thing i can come across is the styles that Johnny Depp usually wears, which isnt a bad thing, i actually like those, but i think they might not work cuz my hair has waves. so if anyone can do anything to help, please do! any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
heres a pic of one of those ideas ive had floating around in my head. i saw it in a recent post:
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2004 at 11:57am
**COPYD**

posted on 13-Jan-2004 12:20:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not knowing any of the following about your hair:
-Current length, texture and condition

You might try these tips for styling your hair:
(after shampooing and deep-conditioning)

1) Finger shake hair into the general shape you want the style to lay in.

2) Work through a SMALL amount of leave-in conditioner (such as Phytologie 9) through hair - working root-to-tips.

3) Repat process, working through a small amount of defrizz product (less product if using a silicone-based product). I am partial to Phytologie Phytodefrissant.

4) Press a small amount of gel or conditioning gel (such as Terax LifeDrops) into just the tips of the hair. Use this step to group together chunks of hair and further create the finished shape of the style you want.

5) If you have the time, allow the hair to air dry completely. Not only is this better for your hair, you'll have even less problems with frizz.

6) Finish the style by working small amounts at a time of either an oil-based conditioner or pomade through the tips of the hair. Use a little at a time. Try finding one of the Shea Butter based conditioning style products (Such as L'Occitane, Hanadi, Lavett & Chin, etc. Kiehl's also has some great conditioning/styling pomades).

7) If at this point, you are going for even less frizz and more separation, you can mix in your palms a some leave-in conditioner and small amount of one of the silicone shine products (LESS IS MORE) such as Phytologie's "Phytolisse" or Bumble&Bumble's "Bb Defrizz."

If you really want to go for the ultra shiny/separated/almost wet-looking look, you could replace step #7 with just running some Sebastian "Moulding Mud" through your hair.

Please respond to the board with how your luck runs with creating the style you are looking for. As you post more, you'll get additional good advice from other users.

Best of luck!
D.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic