Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i want help with my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
andy_tate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy_tate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i want help with my hair
    Posted: March 29 2004 at 6:15pm
hello i am new and i was just wondering if anyone could offer any insite. my hair is thick wavy and when it gets about 2in long the ends start to curl up and i want to grow my hair out to be a fairly long lenghth possibly to my shoulders. its curently about an inch long and i wanted to know if anyone could tell me maybe how to make it grow faster and style it during the process.

i always say im going to grow it out this time but always end up cutting it at bout 2in long i am determined not to cut it this time no matter how it looks in the process.
dont spill the red
Charlie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2004 at 3:07am
I have the very same problem. What I try to do is the following:
1. Only shampoo every 2 or 3 days.
2. Condition every day. I use Pantene's "Smooth & Sleek" It seems to make my hair straighter.
3. Towel dry really really well, but not violently. This is the most difficult part because it takes like 10 minutes. I just squeeze sections of my hair dry.
4. Once my hair is about 80% dry or so, I put in Pomade, usually from Hydrology. It makes my hair obey me, but when I run my hands through, it literally doesn't feel like there's any product there.
5. Once the pomade is in, I press my hair into the style I want.
This actually works well. Some days, if I feel like leaving it a little messier and wavy, I just put the pomade in while it's wet. I can wear my hair like 4 different ways when it's longer.
I hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic