Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No Waves, Is my hair damaged?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
adelajawaves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adelajawaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Waves, Is my hair damaged?
    Posted: June 03 2004 at 2:46pm
Man, I should slap myself for putting a S-Curl perm on my head 2 months ago to get waves.

But there was no hope before I put the perm on.
I also had a perm like 5 years ago trying to get waves (I ndont know if that still effects me from getting waves).

Everyone's on me: Why did you get a perm?
Well I thought it will help me.

But now the perm is somewhat faded I shampoo my hair everyday to fade away the perm.

I used Sportin Waves (Black) and a Durag for 2 months and still get no results.

Is it my lack of brushing? I do get lazy at times and just brush mt hair for 30 seconds and that it, sometimes I dont brush at all.

Is it b/c I cut my hair every teo weeks? My hair get nappy real fast, so that causes me to get a quick cut.

Sometimes I just give up and dont even where the cap.

Can someone really help a brother out with his hair?

Thanks
-Q

1. Hard Brush
2. Any desired pomade
3. Any wave or durag
4. The courage to brush your hair alot.
------------------------------------------------
= Waves
trey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  trey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 3:57pm
eh man just keep brushing and dont give up u might of needed the perm because u say ur hair is super nappy u cant get waves wit really nappy hair but just keep brushing and dont get a hair cut right away just let it grow out a little and brush alot when u get a hair cut then keep doing it

make sure u brush alot doh
aiight peace
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 4:23pm
u can get waves with real nappy hair.
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 5:03pm
Just keep brushin and never use a s curl kit
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 5:41pm
oh ya
Quote do get lazy at times and just brush mt hair for 30 seconds and that it, sometimes I dont brush at all.

Hell ya man i do the exact same thing. B like, "ok i brushed long enough (like 20sec)" and i do rag it lol"

Get yo **** cut REALLY low and start doing the wave thing, **** go like micheal jordan to get fresh hair and no perm lol.
Militant Measures View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Militant Measures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2004 at 6:22am
Bro I'm sorry to tell u but ur hair is PERManently damaged (lol). Nah unless u went crazy with the perm it shouldn't really effect u, in some cases it can be a headstart. I mean Jeremy started off with a perm and look at his spinners now.
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2004 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Militant Measures Militant Measures wrote:

Bro I'm sorry to tell u but ur hair is PERManently damaged (lol). Nah unless u went crazy with the perm it shouldn't really effect u, in some cases it can be a headstart. I mean Jeremy started off with a perm and look at his spinners now.

Yeah with dudes it differen't cuz if we did somethin to our hair that we don't like (color, perm) then we can cut it and start over, but with the ladies, they usually like to wear they hair longer and don't like to cut it, so they got keep that damaged hair on they head.

United Waves of America
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2004 at 12:53pm
not hatin at all. My boy from school put a kit n his hair and his waves are flickin.. like ONE of Jermeys pics. I knew sumthing was fishy bout my boys hair. Yo jermey are all your pics way after the kit b/c my friend brush too but with a kit and he got thoses waves that go down to the sideburn +they LOOK EXACTLY like yours. WHY THE HELL DID I POST THIS IN THIS THREAD! I posted this 1st part in the wrong thread,.. my bad., My friends hair look too TIGHT wit that kit he used. **** hes the one who told me how to get waves lol, but he only said 360 and a brush/durag. He wares a durag like us brushers+he still brushes alot. The kit should of list put some waves in your hair.. did u comb it alot thru.. u prob did something wrong. Me i just brush my hair still and never going to relex/kit it.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2004 at 11:14pm
Quote ut now the perm is somewhat faded I shampoo my hair everyday to fade away the perm.

Hate to tell ya you can't shampoo out a perm. Perm= permanent. If you don't want the perm anymore you have to cut the perm part off. Stop using so much shampoo it strips the oils unless you are conditioning it afterwards.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2004 at 7:45pm
if dats u in da pic on ur avatar...dat means u got a cam... so post sum pics of yo hair.
adelajawaves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adelajawaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2004 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Twista Twista wrote:

if dats u in da pic on ur avatar...dat means u got a cam... so post sum pics of yo hair.

I can get some pics of my hair to let you what I can do with my hair.

1. Hard Brush
2. Any desired pomade
3. Any wave or durag
4. The courage to brush your hair alot.
------------------------------------------------
= Waves
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic