Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deeper waves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 3:35am
Originally posted by bulzeyelou bulzeyelou wrote:

can i use this to get my waves "deeper"...does it work as good as JAM or the gel activator or even the s-curl styling gel? For those of yall who use JAM or those other gels, how much do you put in your hair? Hit me up......

Man bulz, ther are so many diff holdin gel... a lot of em say for short cuts and waves.. here's a few that I found.

Mhz gel wax...

This stuff sposed to hold like a wax or somethin, but is like in a gel form... it's made by Soft Sheen -Carson, don't they make Sportin waves?http://www.walgreens.com/brandstore/brandlist.jhtml?CATID=301688&orderBy=pricePerPackage

Pantene Pro-V
Curl Defining Scrunching Gel

Sposed to have pro-vitamin... I dunno. Supposedly ther shampoo is pretty good.
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jhtml?id=prod19932&CATID=100649&skuid=sku319932&navAction=jump&navCount=1

Citre Shine
Making Waves Curl Booster

Sposed to shape and define curls and waves and add body...
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jhtml?id=prod376085&CATID=100649&skuid=sku376086&navAction=jump&navCount=3

Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer Design Control Gel

Hm... it's from Luster's... I wonder if it's the same as the luster's s-curl stylin gel, but packaged for women? Anyway it sposed to have "pink protection" (whatever that is...)
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jhtml?CATID=100649&id=prod8551&skuid=sku308551&navAction=push&navCount=6

Man as u can see ther are so many... I'm not sure if they all the same tho. Of course ther is jam and that activator gel from s-curl too. That Softee gel stuff you got is cheap at Walgreens! $0.79!

Lol.. sorry for the long post, we both trying to find the same thing and I was lookin at stuff so I thot i'd show u what I found.

United Waves of America
cedclark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 3:51am
Nice work
Andre3000xfan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre3000xfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 6:07am
The Citre Shine Maving WAves works great
http://mp.hairboutique.com/product.asp?ProdID=106450&CtgID=
but have anyone tried the Citre Glue instead?
http://mp.hairboutique.com/product.asp?ProdID=108330&CtgID=

Has anyone tried the got2B versions?
http://mp.hairboutique.com/product.asp?ProdID=106471&CtgID=

bulzeyelou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 8:08am
ight...good looking....i'm gonna try to go get me some wave gel for the short hair....some1 (cant remeber who) said that the wave styling gel from s-curl is betta then the wave gel activator....is that true?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 2:50pm
ight i got back from the store a bit ago and got me some of that s-curl wave activator......
jarell1944 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 2:58pm

ight i got back from the store a bit ago and got me some of that s-curl wave activator......

is yours in a tube?
Bet you never even felt the heat till i put the M-1 next to ya waves and melt the greaseWhat Im Workin WitDiane brush & Soft Brush both militaryMurrys Super Light Pomade/Nu Nile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 3:19pm
yeah and its blue
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 3:21pm
"pink protection

Quote think that is wen u use a kit or wen a lady gets a perm they have to put the pink lotioin around the EGDE of there head so the perm doesnt go farther and burn ur skin. Actually pink lotion is the same thing and can b used to go around ur hair line.
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 4:51pm

yeah and its blue
Damn.. u got that one? That stuff don't hold for nothin..

It's just a curl activator in the form of a gel, it isn't actually a gel like for holding yo hair...

United Waves of America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 4:57pm
well wont it just get me more waves......cuz the otha one is for tha hold and i dunno if it helps with getting more waves.....dam and i saw that one that said texturizer on it....well i might go return it....i'm not sure yet....
BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 5:02pm
It activates your waves witout a trace of grease and stops your waves from shrinking.
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by BxRiverYoung02 BxRiverYoung02 wrote:

It activates your waves witout a trace of grease and stops your waves from shrinking.
Yeah... thas what it say, but I dunno if it actually does...

Try it tho bulz, I guess you could see if it might get u more waves.

United Waves of America
BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 6:01pm
yea thats why I don't use it anymore cuz it had no affect on my hair.
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 7:18pm
yeah i went and swithed that with the one that says texturizer on it....i thought bout it and when it came down to it, i just need something with hold.....and besides they both have the same ingredients give or take a few......
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 2:21am

yeah i went and swithed that with the one that says texturizer on it....i thought bout it and when it came down to it, i just need something with hold.....and besides they both have the same ingredients give or take a few......

Hm.. ok. Yeah I saw the ingredient thing too.

Ima prolly cop me some tomorow and see how it work.

EDIT: u kno what on second thot.. I think I might get a diff kind of holding gel and see about that. I'll tell u how it work, and u can tell me if the s-curl texturizer gel u tryin works.

United Waves of America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 7:19am
iight fo sho....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic