Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nappy hair is best for waves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
chillin22 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chillin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nappy hair is best for waves
    Posted: July 08 2004 at 6:18pm
yall who have nappy hair including me should be thankful because we can get waves. actually the nappier yo hair is, then u can get deeper waves. i feel sorry for niccas who hav straight hair and can't get waves. but if u can then good for u.
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 6:22pm
I got sure nuf nappy roots but when i started using sportin waves and just brushin i saw results in the first week. holla back
csb4evr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csb4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:33pm
I got straight hair when its cutt low when I it grows it becomes curly but i cant get waves when it's low any body got any suggestions before i break down a buy a kit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 8:00pm
just keep on brushin and use any of the wave pomades the wave forum suggest.
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 8:06pm
Not true.
My hair is kinda straight and I got waves.

The only problem that I don't like with my hair is how hair sticks and frizzes up when it gets a little longer.

Other than that, we can get waves just like u can wit nappy hair.

United Waves of America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 8:24pm
True dat seatown, when my hair gets long my waves start curlin up and ****
chillin22 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chillin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 9:14pm
yo Menace, ur hair is napping cause da pomades arnt allowing ur hair stretch. switch to gels for deeper waves. holla back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 9:17pm
aite chillin. should i kop the s-curl wave gel activator?
chillin22 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chillin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 9:24pm
yea u can kop dat. ive heard good results from earlier posts. holla back.
BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 11:15pm
yea the wave gel activator is that ****
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 11:16pm
yea the wave gel activator is that s**t
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 11:21pm
Sum kats say its makes your waves look more natural and less greasy. holla back 1
Nilelator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilelator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 8:09am
When ur hair is frizzing up like ur talking about get a clipper and just run it through the hair, lightly enough so that the split ends are removed but no actual hair. You will notice that ur waves will be more visible.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 9:01am
Good point nilelator
PacPanther View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PacPanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 11:06am
not that i want to even put one in my hair. but whats the difference between using a kit and wave gel activator? if its helping you get your stuff faster, isn't that cheating? and yes i know kits**** up your hair. but besides that? whats the difference?
dont want to register View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dont want to register Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 11:27am
I got good hair and i got waves, im wavy on the sides like **** but the top just aint up to par yet

wish i could go back to 98
Nilelator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilelator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 6:16pm
I swear it's a lot easier to get them on the top than on the sides or back.
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Nilelator Nilelator wrote:

When ur hair is frizzing up like ur talking about get a clipper and just run it through the hair, lightly enough so that the split ends are removed but no actual hair. You will notice that ur waves will be more visible.

I been scared to te anything with clippers. You use a guard to do that right? I might try that out.

United Waves of America
Nilelator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilelator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2004 at 5:19pm
Yeah I used to be worried about using clippers but I try anything these days. Yeah put like a number 1 blade on the clipper and just run it through gently over the top. You will reach a stage where you see you ain't cutting anything then you know your done.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2004 at 5:32pm
That would piss me off to have my waves spinin mad crazy then decide to cut my hair by myself and f up all that hard work u put into gettin dem 360s
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic