Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fess Up!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nilelator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilelator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fess Up!
    Posted: July 17 2004 at 11:47am
This thread is for those who have been trying the gel method and have finally given up and gone back to pomades. As the thread starter I would like to put my hand up and say I've gone back to my Sportin Waves. The gel experiment I have realised has cost me over a month of not looking my best, lol. Quite frankly when I thought logically of the theory behind how a gel can make your waves deeper, I thought it was a load of bull also I have been unimpressed with the results. Soon I reckon you will all realise that your deceiving yourself and sign up to this thread!
BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2004 at 12:15pm
Na im still using the gel even though the pomades make my hair look better. I will admit I miss using them Lol but im still sticking with the gel for now
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2004 at 12:28pm
Yall cats should cop the blue magic grease. Its regular grease that makes your waves look more conditioned and makes them look more visible when you already got em. Its not made for waves like pomades are just some natural **** go cop it. Holla back
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2004 at 1:52pm
Too bad they haven't worked out 4 u. The only problem I have with the gel is how fast they dry up. Ima wait till I get my haircut to decide which one I like best.

Yeah Meance that Blue Magic grease is tight. I use it all the time.

United Waves of America
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2004 at 2:41pm
Chea seatown makes your hair look shiny as hell and the waves look tight outside on a sunny day.
jarell1944 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2004 at 3:02pm
thats y i am using gel and pomades 2gether
Bet you never even felt the heat till i put the M-1 next to ya waves and melt the greaseWhat Im Workin WitDiane brush & Soft Brush both militaryMurrys Super Light Pomade/Nu Nile
Nilelator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilelator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2004 at 6:46pm
Jarell that was the first thing I tried when I started off using the gel, but it made my hair look kinda dry and I felt I was putting way too much grease on it.
Lites Camera SMOKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lites Camera SMOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2004 at 6:59pm
*puts hand up* Lol, man at first I thought nuthin could f*** with that wave activator jel. It made my hair soft and manageable. It looked koo when I was brushin, but after I took off my wave cap, Im lookin at my hair like "wut the f*** happened to you!?" That stuff just does not hold. I think its intended for much longer hair, i.e. girls hair. With 360, I can still get new waves, while maintaing the waves I already had. When it comes down to it... its just pomades and a lot of brushin. I asked my barber, and he said that pomades where the best for my hair. But that is MY HAIR, everyone elses may be different. Holla!
"You suckas better find ya mind I got mine"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2004 at 8:10pm
im usin the 360 pomade with the wave gel activator...but its all good..i'll update my progress on my site in like 7 days
Bet you never even felt the heat till i put the M-1 next to ya waves and melt the greaseWhat Im Workin WitDiane brush & Soft Brush both militaryMurrys Super Light Pomade/Nu Nile
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Lites Camera SMOKE Lites Camera SMOKE wrote:

*puts hand up* Lol, man at first I thought nuthin could f*** with that wave activator jel. It made my hair soft and manageable. It looked koo when I was brushin, but after I took off my wave cap, Im lookin at my hair like "wut the f*** happened to you!?" That stuff just does not hold. I think its intended for much longer hair, i.e. girls hair. With 360, I can still get new waves, while maintaing the waves I already had. When it comes down to it... its just pomades and a lot of brushin. I asked my barber, and he said that pomades where the best for my hair. But that is MY HAIR, everyone elses may be different. Holla!

I hear u Lites. The stuff is called a jel but it doesn't hold for more than an hour or two. And it drys up pretty quick. I think Im gona use the pomade at night when I sleep since that's the only time I don't re-apply the jel every two or three hours.

Even though some ppl will dog it out, I can still trust my pomade since it's the stuff that got me waves in the first place.

Other than that. I use that Blue Magic in the day with the gel.

United Waves of America
Nilelator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilelator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 6:20am
Lol, this is what I like to see keep on signing up peeps. I'm just glad I came to the conclusion now b4 I wasted more money going out to try the S Curl Activator gel.
Gabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 8:39am
*put hands up* i put down the gel and started back my murray and 360 they work best for me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 11:47am
Na I still use the gel and the pink oil but Im thinkin about stopping
Dream Team Website

matik_360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matik_360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 12:18pm
I use the gel occasionally. I mostly mix it in with the pomade, but now I'm back to my 360 pomade. I do like how soft the gel has made my hair though.
"360 waves with the shell top
adidas" - Tragedy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 12:40pm
How do you use the 360 pomade ?? Becuz murrays and sportin waves are different.They dont come out of your hair easily when you wet your hair.
Dream Team Website

seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by BxRiverYoung02 BxRiverYoung02 wrote:

How do you use the 360 pomade ?? Becuz murrays and sportin waves are different.They dont come out of your hair easily when you wet your hair.

U ever used the Sportin Waves black can? It kind of reminds me of that. They have the same texture. The stuff comes out with shampoo real easy. Altho u prolly will have to lather and rinse twice.

United Waves of America
matik_360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matik_360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 1:02pm
yeah it's basically like the sportin waves in the black can. real easy to wash out with shampoo. I lather and rinse twice just to be sure. I've had better results with it unlike the murray's which just made my hair and face mad greasy and it took 4 washes to get it out thoroughly.
"360 waves with the shell top
adidas" - Tragedy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 1:02pm
yea thats why I didn't use 360 because it comes out when you wet your hair.Or even when you sweat.
Dream Team Website

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 1:25pm
360 is tight with the s curl gel....i heard the gel is suppose 2 make your waves look deeper though...thats y i am using it..2 see if its tru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 1:41pm
I may try that and see if it works
Dream Team Website

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic