Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

very short hair a problem??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bx__jay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bx__jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 5:47pm
hey everyone,
I have a question. I am a guy who wants more hair to have a pony tail. Its a new york thing every guy having their hair long and im the only one with short short hair. Do you know any methods?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 6:04pm
Hi Jay,

Welcome to the boards! Guys can absolutely wear extensions, but your options really would depend on how long your hair is now, as well as your real hair (fine/coarse, thin/thick, straight/wavy/curly, color-treated, damaged, healthy, etc.), and the look you want to achieve.

If you can provide photos of your hair currently and how you would like it to look, that would be helpful--if not actual photos of you, then Internet screengrabs that look similar to your hair now and the hair you want.

In addition, how much do you want to spend? Do you want to do it yourself or get it done at a salon? What are your top priorities--versatility, security, length, thickness, no damage, etc.?

I would recommend that you begin by reading these threads, which will give you a basic overview of the various methods used as well as related links:
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP934431446&id=2549
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP934431446&id=2633

Good luck! :)

bx__jay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bx__jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 6:43pm
I am willing to spend around 800 dollars or more.
bx__jay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bx__jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 6:44pm
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 6:55pm
Hmm...your link isn't working. :)
bx__jay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bx__jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 6:59pm
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 7:06pm
Nope. Still not working. :)
bx__jay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bx__jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 7:23pm
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 7:28pm
Good, that worked.

It looks like your hair is an Afro texture, yes? I would think you'd have a few options, including braiding and weaving, but my knowledge is kind of limited to thin, white-girl hair, unfortunately.

Hopefully someone else will chime in here, but in the meantime, have you seen any photos online of the look you'd like to achieve? You said you want a ponytail, correct? So are you envisioning all of your hair being the same length, or longer in the back?

:)
bx__jay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bx__jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 7:33pm
I want it same length all around. It looks that way because its dry but not african texture. Its curly.
bx__jay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bx__jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 7:55pm
i meant a bun not a ponytail. My hair is thick and curly. It wouldn't matter if it were curly or straight. I want it to be long all around not just the back.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 8:14pm
What I would suggest is reading through the links to the threads posted above; they'll provide a review of the various installation methods and kinds of hair.

In the meantime, post a new thread, asking for recommendations with the link to your photo. (Your question could get buried in this thread.)

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 7:19am
Are you sure a "bun". I live in NJ and go to NYC and I have not seen any guys walking the streets with a bun on their head - ponytails yes but buns are the type ballerina's wear. Is this what you want?
bx__jay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bx__jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 10:21am
im confused lol i think ponytail i dont know about hair lol
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 12:15pm
Jay, you are tooo funny. I was thinking that the bun thing was kind of strange but I don't want to put down anyone's personal style
bx__jay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bx__jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 2:32pm
lol I just want it long to my shoulders to have it long not to tie it up. I've heard about great lengths and saw the website. Would that be a good method?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 5:40pm
Hmmm...I don't know that I'd recommend Great Lengths for your hair type. It can be damaging; plus, it's really expensive--usually around $2000 or so in NYC. I would suggest a weave or perhaps pinchbraids.

tiamaria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiamaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 11:37am
Hi Jay,I am a great lengths rep,e mail me if still interested! pixi81@hotmail.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic