Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Want short hair but...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 11:53am
I have chatted with numerous people on this board Jennifer since I have started writing here. You are the only one I have had a problem with. I've enjoyed my chats on Hair Talk.

I still think Hairguy had a right to delete you.
Refering to short haired women as not looking "female" isn't necessary to make your point that you like long hair better on women, and this IS a short haired board. And then you continue to argue with us and call Hairguy oversensitive, which I don't think is true.
Many of us short haired ladies ARE very feminine.

Use your common sense, don't go on a board where people who like short hair on women post, and then insult them by insinuating they don't look feminine! That's not necessary. Of course people would take offense to that just as they would if someone went on the long hair board and said that short haired women look feminine but longer haired women don't, or they found some other reason to insult long haired women.

The purpose of the Short Hair board is for people to enjoy and discuss Short hairstyles, obviously. On the long hair board they enjoy Long hairstyles.
That's why I don't go over to that board and insinuate directly or indirectly that they should cut their hair to look better. They know I have short hair but I don't try to make them feel bad or make them change their opinion about long hair. Obviously they WANT to have long hair and enjoy talking about long hairstyles, so I try and be sensitive to that.
tina
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 11:57am
I'm not speaking about the number of posts -- the date of when you registered for the forums. It looks like you've been registered for only a few months, but perhaps you were lurking before that.

A piece of advice, however -- I'd be a little more cautious with the trigger finger on censorship. My words were sincere and not intended to offend, but you removed my words, so no one can see what I wrote. I did not "trash" short hair. Those who wish to find offense in life will probably find it wherever they wish.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 12:00pm
Read what we said Jennifer.
.....and Hairguy's doing a great job.
tina
hairguy00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairguy00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 12:01pm
Offesive:
"you can still get a good style and look female"
that may not be a direct quote but its basically what you said

please leave this board and dont come back unless you have something positive to add to the conversation...
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 12:05pm
I can read what you read but you can't read what I read because of censorship. You're writing what you "think" I wrote.

Thus, the point of arguing against what I wrote is mute because the evidence is no longer there. That's the problem of censorship.

I don't attack people personally, Tina. I hope you learn not to do it, either.

Attack the idea, not the person or personality. Don't you think that's a good idea?
hairguy00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairguy00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 12:13pm
jennifer,
I deleted what you wrote so the poor girl who started this thread would not think that if she got that style she would look like a boy! its maybe be censorship, but im damn proud that i stopped you before you could damage this board any further, this is ridiculous. You seem to be one of those people that always has to argue with some one about something, be it wash and wear hair or breat implants, its all the same. Please just leave this board alone and let us be...

-HG
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 12:14pm
I give up.
Thankfully Hairguy is monitoring this board. We are suppose to ENJOY short hairstyles here not slam them as being unfeminine, that defeats the whole purpose of the board, which is to discuss and enjoy various short hairstyles.

I noticed Dave Decker over on the long hair board deleted a couple of posts by a guy who was doing with the long haired board what you are doing with this board Jennifer.

Good for Dave and good for Hairguy.

Eventually no one would post on either board if people kept writing in insulting either short or long hair.
tina
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic