Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question for beautician/hairstylists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 8:07pm
I didn't misunderstand, but I may have miscommunicated. You enjoy giving a client a short haircut. Of course, you don't cut it short if they aren't expecting that.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 8:42pm
Sorry, I'm reading...I'm like Julie...I reread it. Can you tell I'm a little sensitive about the hair too short thing. I apoligize.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 9:07pm
Sophie, of course you are. You're in a creative field. You want to give the client what they need, but have to balance that out with what they want. It's similar in my field, but if I don't make the clients happy, it's fixable. Yours isn't. Of course, in both fields unhappy clients fire you.

I'm a firm believer that the stylist is the expert and should be listened to. If she says shorter, go shorter. If she says longer, go longer. You have the talent to look at a head of hair and see a different head of hair that will look so much better.

I'm sure you have plenty of stories where you took a client to a style she didn't see and she was happy. I'm sure you have a few stories where the client was unhappy, but they wouldn't be as much fun to hear.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic