Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why did you cut it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2004 at 6:33pm
Good evening Debbie, Kuroneko, Brent, StyleGuy, and BaldJasmine,

It seems the majority opinion amongst you is to allow his posts within this thread to stand. So it shall be. I have attempted to delete his posts where/when I can, but since I was away last week there were posts that existed 4 days before I could delete. Oh well. Again, please feel free to bmail me if/when you see him or some other troll on any of the boards here... if you do, kindly indicate board and thread title (or just provide the link). Thanks.
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2004 at 8:33pm
I am so sorry bald jasmine that I didnot vote to delete this idiot! But I say to get rid of him now! Also there is someone else who is saying that he is the "Rock" on here and is doing the same thing! They are just proving themselves to look stupid! I have suggested a way to control this problem and have put it on the board- don't know if it will work or not or if it will even go over- but still it is just my 2 cents worth! So, I do change my vote---DELETE HIM PLEASE! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2004 at 9:15pm
Thanks Debbie.
The Rock View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2004 at 10:22pm
[message content deleted by Admin]
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2004 at 7:31am
You are welcome BaldJasmine!
StyleGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StyleGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2004 at 4:16pm
I agree, Debbie. The Rock and Osama do prove themselves to be stupid.

And if their continued posting on the board makes it uncomfortable for people to post, I think they should be deleted too.

I'm sure there are plenty of `Idiot Sites' where they can post and feel at home.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2004 at 10:33pm
Work with me people...

If/when you see Osama/The Rock/whatever troll, board-mail me the URL.

Thanks!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2004 at 10:14am
Hi Dave et al,

First of all, thank you to Dave for his vigilence in keeping the board safe from trolls, spammers and dysfunctional children like Osama/Rock etc.,

Second, although it is not obvious, Dave and I talk all the time and HB.com has been taking aggressive behind-the-scenes action towards visitors that abuse these boards.

HB.com has a full time attorney who has gone after ISPs in the past with print outs of posts on the HairTalk boards and sent a cease & desist demand to those ISPs to disconnect the offenders. Believe me, our attorney is good which makes him very expensive. I hate to even use him because of the cost to HairBoutique.com but I will if that is what it takes to keep the boards a great place to visit.

Because the US government and many of the large companies like Microsoft are working to stop spam, virus spawners, flamers and etc...we are getting a lot more ISP co-operation in our activities to go after people that violate our private property.

Keep in mind that since HairTalk is paid for by HairBoutique.com, I own it and it is my private property. I welcome people here if they play by the proper rules of conduct. If they don't they are removed, just like in a bar.

Although I don't have physical bouncers, I have attorney bouncers and I will use them when appropriate. :-)

So please help Dave and let him know when you see abuse posts.

I appreciate also the people that bmail or email me with notes about abusive posts. I do my best to remove them immediately, as does Dave.

I am currently researching messageboard software that would allow better control of flamers & spammers. Of course that all costs money so it takes some time to evaluate what is the best product to handle some of these ongoing issues.

Thank you all for your help and diligence as well.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2004 at 11:19am
You're doing a great job Karen. Thanks.
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 2:39am
Well, I cut my hair out of rebellion, you see, my mom made my sister and I(until I was 14) have the default hairstyle of mexican-american girls and boys in mid 90's Arlington: LOOOOOONG and STRAAAAIGHT. When I was 14, I got sick of it and went off to the barber shop to go from nearly waist length hair to a 3 inch curly thing(my hair is naturally wavy when its short). It really pissed her off, but that was the point:>
luvSHORThair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvSHORThair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 4:40pm
Well... I have a going from long hair to short hair story!! here goes...

I always had long hair, it was mid back to lower back area at all times.. and in my mind I always wanted short hair.. so one day while stationed in South Korea I found a picture and took it to the Beauty Salon.. The Korean lady who cut my hair was soo funny, I think she was more worried than I.. She asked me 3 times if I really wanted to cut my hair.. Thank the Goddess I am stubborn and strong willed, otherwise she might have talked me right out of it... When she cut it, there were three of the Korean stylist standing around me, long faced and shocked. If I look back it is so funny to me.. I think they hated the cut.. LOL but I loved it.. She asked me if I liked it like 2 different times and then she tried to start curling, fluffing and all that.. I told her it was fine... I don't think she thought so..
I went to get my son from daycare.. He literally looked at me and said, Im not going home with you. The little boy next to him said, ms. Amy, I like your hair... I said,"good cuz your coming home with me." It made me sad that my kids didn't like it, and neither did my XHusband either... But I loved it!! My kids finally love my hair, 5 years later.. I really love womyn who have shorter hair, and the reasoning behind it is, they show no care to what the men of the world deem attractive or beautiful. Just my story of long to short...

Amy
Zebra with spots instead of stripes ;)
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 10:05pm
LuvSHORThair.
Welcome to Hair Talk!

You would be surprised girl how many men like women with short hair.
I'm a Black woman and I wear a very short afro, cut close to the head. I often get nice looks and compliments from men on my ultra short hairstyle.
The man I'm with loves short hair on me too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvSHORThair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2004 at 1:45am
Thanks for the Welcome Jasmine~~
I think African American women with natural hair are frankly, sexy as he!!... good for you, for keeping it natural and beautiful all at the same time....

:)Amy

edited because my typing didn;t reflect what I was trying to say
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 1:09am
Britney.
Why do you insist on being so rude. Even if you are young and in high school you should know better. And it's not true what you say anyway. Please don't write things like that.
Luvshorthair has been nice to everyone here. She doesn't deserve your rude attitude to her.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvSHORThair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 4:36am
Hugs & kisses britney!

Amy
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 7:21am
[QUOTE=DaveDecker] Work with me people...

If/when you see Osama/The Rock/whatever troll, board-mail me the URL.

Brittney 15 is acting like a troll! She is rude and TRIES to make fun of people! Debbie
Camille83 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camille83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 7:50pm
wow what is Britney's problem any way and I think she needs to grow up allot

Camille
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 9:01pm
Debbie,

Thanks for b-mailing me about Britney15. She has been warned (and the mess she left here has been cleaned up).
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 7:57am
Thanks again Dave!!!!! I hate it when people are out to cause trouble! Debbie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic