Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eee. Scared.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quilkitty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quilkitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eee. Scared.
    Posted: July 30 2004 at 8:26pm
I'd absolutely love to shave my head, down to half a centimeter or so--a velvet fuzz. My hair is about an inch now, an everyone says it looks good on me, so I'd assume that the buzz would too. But I'm a bit scared for some reason, though I know it will grow back. Any words of encouragement or advice, so I'll finally work up the nerve to call the stylist?

♥ ♥ ♥ as always,
Quil
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2004 at 8:36pm
you absolutley must go for it it sounds so exciting
do not shave it though make sure you leave some fuzz sounds very very cute/fun
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
nonnymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nonnymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2004 at 5:04pm
Go for it! I'd like to do something like that, but for charity- anyone got any ideas of how I would go about arranging it?
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2004 at 11:57pm
How would you go about arrainging it?
How do you arrainge for any style of hair cut?
Just call up a barbershop or a beauty salon and make an appointment.

I went to a buzzcut from a short pixie after I gave birth to my second child last April. I had been wanting to try a buzzcut for years and finally decided to just go ahead and do it. I didn't go to a men's barbershop like some women do when they get buzzcuts. I went to my usual beauty salon, the lady there that I always go to gave me a nice buzzcut. I have been going back every 6 weeks or so. She cuts it real short, close to the scalp, maybe an eighth of an inch long, and it grows from there, until it's time to get it cut again.
Yes, it does feel like velvet, and it requires no maitenance, it is too short to brush or comb, just wash it and wear it. You don't need to use any conditioner and just a little shampoo.

If you are married or with someone, make certain it is ok with them. My Significant Other likes it on me, she believes I have nice features for short hair, so it isn't a problem. It isn't a problem with work either because I'm not working right now, I'm a stay-at-home mom and housewife, doing that these days.

You can always wear a wig too, but I never do. Some women with buzzcuts or bald heads wear headscarves too, but only on occasion do I wear a headscarf, I usually just go out in public with my buzzcut, and only one person has said anything to me about it, (she was an older woman who told me I was pretty and why did I wear my hair so short. I just smiled at her and told her I liked it and liked the way I looked with very short hair).

I still dress and look feminine, I wear dresses, makeup, earrings, other jewelry. No one mistakes me for a man. I just look like a woman with very short hair.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 2:22am
You could just buy a clipper set and do it yourself if you're too shy or frightened to ask for it. That's what I did when I used to wear a buzz. You can take a nice, quiet day alone in the house so you can take as much time as you need to work up the nerve to do it on your own with no pressure or trauma.
More awesome than a manatee!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2004 at 5:22pm
Did you do it? Let us know, please. Mark
HAWG
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2004 at 3:59pm
In the back of my head, I always wanted to shave all my hair off. I felt it would be secretly gratifying.

Then my dad came in from work one day and all his hair was gone. He had his head shaved at a benefit for a co-worker with cancer. :) But he looked so bad with his hair gone. That's when I realized I would look utterly bad too (because I look a lot like him). So no more bald fantasies.

Anyhoo, if everyone says you look great with your hair really really short, I think going for a buzzcut might be fun for a bit. No harm really, since hair does grow back.
Quilkitty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quilkitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2004 at 11:44am
Didn't do it yet, as the haircutter is busy ... hopefully this week, sometime soon.
loveitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 8:59pm
Find a good friend to buzz it for you. It will be more fun and she/he will reasure you. Good luck!!
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 10:25pm
Quilkitty,

Give it a shot. I bet it will look cute. ANt the nice thing is, In 8 weeks it will be back to how you have it now.

j
HOTSAUCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTSAUCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 1:23pm
I personally would definately NOT recommend you cut it yourself nor should you let a friend do it because first of all doing it yourself could be tramatizing especially if you do it all wrong and only if you have a friend thats a licenced professional stylist should you let him/her cut it for you.Like you said,your already kind of scared to even go that short and just to think that it might turn out all wrong would be the worst even though it's only hair and it'll grow back but who wants to walk around with a messed up cut in the mean time. Other than that I think you should still get it if you really want it because I love short hair myself,all I'm trying to say is if you are going to get it get it done professionally.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic