Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Non-formal hairstyle board?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non-formal hairstyle board?
    Posted: February 02 2003 at 1:07pm
I noticed there are 3 boards for formal hairstyles, but what about casual?

I like the new setup!
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2003 at 11:52pm
Yeah I can see where that could be useful. I don't know how much help I could be there. I'd probably tell everyone to look in the HB galleries LOL But if there is room for it or combining some under a different Topic heading like Up Dos or something.
Karen M. Shelton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen M. Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2003 at 12:34am
Hi all,

We get lots of requests for different forums all the time but the problem is that once we put them up people don't support them by posting or developing solid threads. So then we are left with the dilemna of removing them or leaving them to languish on the vine.

HairTalk was originally designed to talk about any type of hair. Short hair, long hair, updos, hot trends, color....etc., Yes...we have not broken up the topics into as many categories as some might like because we were not sure that those topics would be posted to or supported.

And yes, this is my biggest concern.

You might also notice that people tend to post all over the place and not follow the subject threads....which is OK......but also makes me resist new topic areas.

As an example.....HairBloopers were designed for people to share blooper stories but instead people post problems with their hair, even though HairTalk was supposed to be for that as well. The same is true with Personals. It was designed to be a Meet n Greet board but people also post about hair problems. Actually they post all over about hair problems including Celebrity Hair which is the one board I try to keep totally focused on Celebrity Hair talk.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care at all that people post outside of the subject threads...most of the time....but it does happen and I suspect it may be because we have too many threads and people just post where they feel most comfortable. Which is definitely fine with me.

I am not convinced that if we added threads for short hair or for casual hair that we wouldn't still have the same issues. See what I mean?

At any rate, I am always open to new thread ideas but I am going to wait and see how the new ones do before I add any more. In the meantime, I hope people will use HairTalk for general hair info.

And yes....as Robert pointed out (thank you so much) ....we have many galleries and over 2,500+ articles about hair styling and care....so hopefully we have most of the topics covered.

We are going to try and work on our galleries next but it will be a major undertaking.

I appreciate the feedback though. It helps me see what all of you are thinking with regard to the site. We try our best but do appreciate help from our many visitors and their ideas.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
shelton@hairboutique.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic