Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Like a Chat Room??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Like a Chat Room??
    Posted: May 04 2003 at 10:29pm
Hi Karen,

Have you ever thought about a "chat room" on your website?

I would love to come home from work and sit down at the computer and chat with my new friends at hairboutique.com.

Anyone else think this sounds interesting?

I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 10:46am
Hi Lili,

Thank you very much for your comments. We actually considered adding a chat in the very early days of HB.com but when we watched other sites that had chats...they always seemed empty. Maybe the key is to have scheduled chats? I am definitely all for adding any features that our visitors might enjoy and benefit from, but I am not sure how popular a chat would be overall.

I would appreciate other comments and suggestions.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Seresha View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seresha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 2:04pm
I agree Karen that there is nothing worse than a silent chatroom. If you can find a way to make sure it is busy and chatty then you have a winner.

Maybe an idea is to set up a special Messenger Group for all the HB.com chatters so they can chat all day long if they want. I am so addicted to chat that I have to stay away from it during the day or I would never get my work done.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 3:39pm
A chat room doesn't add anything new. The message boards are enough, IMO.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 1:20pm

Hi Fatmoogas,

Thank you.  I agree.

Anyone else who love IM...the BMail works really well.  It doesn't have the "chat window" but you get answers back pretty quickly.  I actually prefer BMail to IM because then I don't fill guilty when I log out.  AND I do get addicted so I have to stop or nothing would ever get done here at HairBoutique.com. 

Thanks for all your feedback.  I appreciate it very much.

And fatmoogas...you have to tell me what your moniker means.  It is very intriquing.  :-)

Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
dutchmasterz04 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchmasterz04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 2:41pm

Not a seperate chatroom but maybe a chatbox on da page sumwhere. Dats the only reason im on other 360waves is to chat instead of making threads about eveyrthing. You can ask a quick question and get a quick response

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 5:22pm
Hi,

We actually used to have a chatbox or shoutbox and it stayed pretty quiet or then alternatively fighting would break out.  So I am still undecided if we should ever bring that back or not.

Thanks for your suggestions.  They are very much appreciated.
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2007 at 6:24pm
i understand that but i think that it would  be a good idea. there are more motivated people on our 360 side so i doubt that it'll be quiet/ dead in there

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic