Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Banana Hair Masks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bratt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bratt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Banana Hair Masks
    Posted: February 06 2002 at 12:14am
I had my boy friend give me one of the banana hair masks that Karen talks about in her last article. It is truly awesome. She mentions that you can add essential oils to the mix and recommends ylang ylang to relax.

I decided to play around w/ the recipe and add Burdock Root and Lavender oils instead of ylang ylang. Burdock is supposed to help split ends while lavender is good for dry hair.

I have to say that I got great results. My hair felt terrific. Now I am wondering it I can apply Burdock Root oils directly to my ends or if that is no-no? Does anyone know?

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2002 at 2:42am
Hi,

I am so glad you liked the banana recipe. The banana mask smells so yummy that I want to lick it off my face.

I would probably not recommend putting Burdock Root "neat" on your hair. I think I would always mix it with a carrier oil. Trix...what do you think?

Let me know how your experiments come along. I also have a great recipe for an "orange dreamsicle" hair mask that I will get around to posting or putting up in an article.

I just recommend ylang ylang oil because I need all the help I can get to relax. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic