Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Home Made Treatments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2003 at 2:59am
Wow. Great recipes here. Thanks to all.

Here are some that I found:

To make your hair darker
Mix juice of one lime or one lemon with a cup of strong coffee (not instant). Do your final rinse after final conditioner with the coffee. Use a bowl to catch the drippings and reuse. Continue to apply the coffee rinse until it is all gone. Do not wash out the coffee.

I also mix the coffee in a little yogurt to give it a lighter color and glob the yogurt on my hair for the final rinse. It helps hold the coffee on my hair. I quickly and light rinse out the yogurt, do a final coffee rinse and let it set.

This is very messy and it will stain towels. So be careful but have fun.
BrendaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 11:35pm
Hello to everyone...
I have a simple questions,,, I do a EV Olive Oil treatment on my hair twice a week... If I use about 1/4 cup of Olive Oil how many drops of Rosemary Oil do I put in it...and can I leave Rosemary oil in my hair with the Olive oil over night... would it hurt my hair...
Thank you for any info...
take care everyone...
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2003 at 9:41pm

BEAUTY DRINK

Drink a glass of carrot juice to which the juice of one lime has been added along with a tablespoon of brewer's yeast mixed into it daily (damaged hair should see a difference in a week's time). This is a drink rich in vitamin A, C, and B complex. Brewers yeast is the natural and best form of B complex.

wouldn't v8 splash taste better for the a and c than just carrot juice? they also have a diet v8 splash.
Palonia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2003 at 2:55am
Brenda:

You should be able to safely add up to 30 drops of essential oil to the 1/4 cup of olive oil (2.5% dilution rate). If this is for you hair length, rather than scalp, I would probably lessen that to 10 drops to be a little more cost effective. It should not hurt your hair at all, and in fact is thought to promote shine and strength. On the scalp it is thought to promote growth. I personally use essential oils in both my water mister and the oils I protect the length with daily, and they often don't get washed out for days. I personally have had no problems on my hip length hair, and I have been working with them for years. Dilute properly, and you should be fine. If it is going to touch your skin, I would test the mixture first, to ensure you have no sensitivites or allergies to the rosemary.

Palonia
marbetj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marbetj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 8:46pm

Hi

Can you tell me where can I buy brewer yeasts?.

Thanks

Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 1:12pm
Merlin
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 10:25am
 I don't know about this one but I will pass it along.

I hadn't seen the wife of a former co-worker for some time but when I ran into her last week I noticed her hair was in much better shape than the last time I had seen her.

She said she has been using a "super simple" protein recipe. Other than saying it seems to have worked well for her, I really don't have any experience with it. But here goes:

1 ouce soy sauce
1 cup warm water

After shampooing, pour this over your hair. Leave in for 10 minutes, then rinse out.

If I get any experience with it, I will pass the results along.

Wink

Merlin
kathyblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathyblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 11:58am
I read somewhere that if you use flour in your hair it tames flyaway hair. Also using cayenne peppers helps stimulate blood flow so using it both topically and internally is good.
If cayenne seems too much for you, you can use cayenne internally and use cinnamon topically.

MY mother bids me bind my hair
With bands of rosy hue,
Tie up my sleeves with ribbons rare,
And lace my bodice blue.

http://public.fotki.com/kathyblack/
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2009 at 8:43pm
A co-worker recently returned from a visit with her family in another state. While there, she mentioned my interest in home made hair treatments and they gave her this one:

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of Natural honey

Directions:
Put coconut oil and honey in a small plastic bag and place the bag in a hot cup of water for 1 minute to warm. Apply to hair, wrap hair in a towel for 20 minutes. Shampoo and dry hair.

My co-worker has fairly short hair and she said the recipe amount was sufficient for her. She also says that her hair dried out while on her visit due to the cold dry air and this really did improve the condition of her hair. I will say that it did look very healthy with lots of shine and it smelled really nice .Wink

If I get a chance to have some personal experience with it, I will post the results.

Happy Holidays!Tongue

Merlin
shella78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shella78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2010 at 1:20am
If you have dandruff and hair fall problems. Massage coconut virgin oil to your scalp for ten minutes and leave it on an hour or so before you rinse it off with mild shampoo. You can leave it overnight if you want and rinse it off in the morning.

Virgin coconut oil has antiviral, anti-fungal and anti -microbial properties that helps dandruff and bacterial scalp infection. Try using virgin coconut oil  daily if you experience hair loss and it comes with dry, scalp, dandruff, eczema, or psoriasis.

Inika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2010 at 3:08pm
Turn out that a very effective and natural homemade treatment made from cow colostrum can be very effective. Most people take colostrum as a natural supplement but it can also be applied externally as a paste for skin and hair conditions.

Simply mix a tablespoon of colostrum powder with purified/spring water and apply to the desired area.
Cow colostrum has been used in ancient Ayurveda for thousands of years.
It helps promote healthy hair growth and repair damage since it's full of vital minerals and vitamins.

Cow colostrum is beneficial to anyone and it has amazing natural results.
Inika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2010 at 3:16pm
Turns out that colostrum is a very effective natural home made treatment and  can have very beneficial effects in repairing damaged hair and promoting healthy hair growth.
Cow colostrum has been used in ancient Ayurveda for thousands of years for a variety of purposes.

Cow colostrum is usually taken as a supplement since it's full of natural (and vital) vitamins and minerals.
It can also be applied externally as a paste:

Simply mix a table spoon of colostrum with purified/spring water to make a paste and apply to desired area.

There is nothing that has natural effects like cow colostrum.
Wish You The Best In Natural Hair,
karengriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karengriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 10:21pm
Great tips...I find the third one the most easiest to adopt and something I have heard a lot too. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic