Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where Can You Buy Basil Oil?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Minnie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where Can You Buy Basil Oil?
    Posted: April 04 2002 at 2:33pm
Hi,

Love the recipe on Basil oil. Any ideas where to buy it?

Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2002 at 8:10pm
If you are unable to find it in your local area, here is a site I have used in the past with excellent results:

http://pureproducts.net/aromatherapy/basil.htm

It is 100% pure basil oil. As Karen noted, it is not inexpensive but it is worth the money.

If you try the recipe, let us know how it works for you. Good luck! ;)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2002 at 12:52am
Thanks Budokan. Great recommendation.

I actually bought my first batch of Basil oil at Whole Foods but I was worried that even though they swore that it was all natural, it wasn`t. I bought my 2nd batch from an aromatherapist in Dallas. I think the first batch may not have been as pure because the second batch was kickbutt strong.

One thing that should be remember, this is a very strong oil and it does work for many people. However, it is important to never ever use it "neat" on the skin. Always use a good carrier oil.

Once I dropped a bottle in my bathroom and my eyes burned for 2 days from the aroma. It is strong stuff. So be careful please.

Best wishes,
Karen

PS. Thank you again Budokan for your suggestions.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic