Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do you know of any natural recipes for fading semi-permanent hair dye?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you know of any natural recipes for fading semi-permanent hair dye?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you know of any natural recipes for fading semi-permanent hair dye?
    Posted: November 29 2004 at 4:56am
Very long story-- I'm sorry, but I really need some advice.

I tone my heavily-highlighted hair with Natural Instincts 06 Linen. I've used it 3 times before, but when I used it this weekend the lightest parts of my hair ended up with a really awful drab ash tone. It looks blue-grey in some lights. Other times it's more of a grey-green. I usually get a slight mauve cast to my lightest highlights when I tone, but it always washes away after the first shampoo and then my hair looks great. This colour isn't budging, though. I don't know why this happened. I know overly-porous hair can grab up too much dye, but my hair looks and feels really healthy.

I've tried washing my hair with dish liquid and dandruff shampoo a number of times. I've also done a couple of deep conditioning treatments and two virgin olive oil wraps, but the ashy grey tinge is still there. The part that isn't ashy is a really pretty neutral blonde with a slight hint of gold. I don't know what to do about this. I certainly don't want to use anything harsh on my hair.

Does anyone know of anything that will help to fade this colour?

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. The ashy colour is mostly on the top 6" of my hair; the other 18" looks good, so a hair cut is out of the question.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2004 at 11:20am
Do you want your hair to go a shade darker? You have 2 options.
1)wait it out, i haven't seen it so i cant tell you if it will fade, but from what you say it seems like it hasnt

2) I would apply temporary hair dye level 1. pick a color thats more towards theshade you want, but in order for it to slightly change your color it has to be darker than your hair. If you use a temporary that is lighter than your hair, the effects wont last after the specified number of washes.
I have tried clairol, and i liked it.
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2004 at 5:46am
Thanks Rosebud. I actually gave in and did some colour correction on my hair. I used L'Image Ultra Light Natural Blonde for 10 minutes to get the ashy tone out of my highlights. I then put some colour back into the highlights and toned down my roots with Nice 'N Easy Medium Champagne Blonde. It turned out really well (and my hair still looks and feels healthy). I'm going to leave my colour alone for a while now. :-)
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic