Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jab_7_9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jab_7_9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair help
    Posted: February 01 2005 at 5:28pm
People say I have very thick hair, but I don't. My hair is thin, but I have a lot of it and way too much volume. I just don't know what style is best for me. I had my hair cut a few days ago. I liked it at first. Everyone at work says it looks great, but the back part just above my neck looks too poofy too me. I have tried everything from short to long. It was long; almost to the middle of my back. It's still long, but I had it layered thinking that it would make it less poofy. NOPE didn't work. Maybe my hair is just damaged. It looks okay in the morning, but by afternoon it's poofier and knotty. Any suggestions, HELP!!!! Thank you.
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 12:19pm
You don't say where you reside, but since your hair is okay in the morning and gets worse as the day goes on, might the problem be humidity?

The key to protecting your hair from humid weather is to create a barrier that moisture cannot penetrate. Deep conditioning and anti-frizz products are essential. 

As you style your hair, try using as few products as possible because excessive use of styling gels and creams can cause problems. It is also a good idea to use a clarifying shampoo about once a week to remove product build up. 

One of the biggest problems created by humid weather is
frizz, which often impacts thick hair. You can try anti-frizz products (a good one is by John Frieda).

If you blow-dry your hair, you might try allowing it to air dry. Blow-drying saps hair of moisture and greatly increases the amount of frizz.

If your hair is damaged, a good deep conditioner will help. If you have a Sally's store nearby, I highly recommend Nature's Therapy by L'Oreal. A terrific deep conditioner that doesn't require a heat cap.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!Wink
Merlin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic