Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can i get dreads with my kind of hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dread questionz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dread questionz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can i get dreads with my kind of hair?
    Posted: February 16 2004 at 12:54am
i have the typical 'blond hair, blue eyes' caucasian hair. i think my hair would be considered fine. so can i get dreads and if so how long does it have to be before i can get a dread perm?
dread questionz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dread questionz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2004 at 6:23am
you people are sloooow
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 6:18pm

id write & tell you the answer

but im still asking.

ive got thin hair.

i read that anyone can get dreads
im just more curious as to how good
they will look with my hair being so thin.. you know?

i bet we'll get no answer though.
i dont think anyone reads these anymore..

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 7:17am
Ok well, u can get dreads, u will most likely have to do the backcombing method.  It is when they use a wax and comb a section of your hair backwards at a time. In the past, I have seen sites for this, u might want to try googling. I would say 3 to 4 inches is how short u can start off with straight hair.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 8:08am
yeah maybe go to google & search for dreadhq & knottyboy those two give alot of advice on how to start them & they seem to be popular. my husband had some last year & he used dread hq stuff. it smells good & works good.. they are ALOT of work to begin though, i must warn you. i had to work on them 1hour 1/2 a week just tightening etc. at first.. but hey once they are started out well they are worth it. you just need a dedicated loved one to help you out for a while (:
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 2:25pm
    6 inches for a dread perm.  I do dread perms, and cannot guarantee any work on hair shorter than that.  Good Luck
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 7:51am

www.dreadheadhq.com

i don't reccommend the dread perm, i've heard of people whith fine hairs hair being so damaged it couldn't take being dreaded.

Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 6:44am
   I wonder what you mean Kate.  Dreadlocks are permanent, which is to say, once you have real locks, you can't get them out.  Is that what you were talking about?  A fine-haired caucasian is going to have a really hard time getting dreadlocks without the perm I think.  What do you think?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic