Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Has anyone had Elumen HAircolor done at the salon?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone had Elumen HAircolor done at the salon?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kellyp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone had Elumen HAircolor done at the salon?
    Posted: March 11 2003 at 2:49pm
I'm wondering and I wanted to try this.

Kelly
goreygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goreygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 9:46am
I was very disappointed with Elumen. Maybe the colorist wasn't educated enough. My hair is almost 100% grey. So first off, an oxidative color has to be used on the roots. When I used to go to the local community college cosmetics school, they messed my hair up and took it from a nice, medium auburn to dark brown because the student who did the touch up on my second visit didn't leave the red color long enough on the roots and the instructer kept piling on darker and darker colors until only a bleach job could bring back what I walked in with.

All I was asking for is a deep, rich auburn. Well, after covering my grey, the Elumen colorist put what she said was auburn on it. The result--my hair was beautiful, shiny, excellent condition--but a dark brown with just a hint of auburn. And so it still remains to this day, and now I don't know what to do. I hate it. It is just a blah color, but a shiny blah color. I want something that stands out.

Color was still showing up in the rinse water after 4 shampoos after the Elumen coloring. They say this is normal but sure looked funny to me. Even my husband asks why did my hair come out brown when I wanted auburn? BTW, the tab was $80 for one visit.

So--my answer--if you have any grey in your hair, be prepared to pay double right off the bat for the two types of hair coloring. If you want very shiny, soft and extremely conditioned hair, go for Elumen. Maybe you will have better luck with the color then I did. If you do, let me know. Also what color are you starting out with?

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 11:54am
I don't know about Elumen, but I do know that Redken salon color is absolutely gorgeous, and the colorists that I know who use it tend to be well-educated. There are salons all over the NY area that offer Redken color service.
[/url]

goreygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goreygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 1:26pm
I had Redken put on before having an Elumen treatment. When I went back after my disappointment with Elumen, the stylist would only do my roots, matching them to the Elumen shade. She wouldn't touch the Elumen colored hair. Which is a shame because I don't like the color at all and really need a change.

I hear that Redken Fusion is great, but when I ask what Redken product she uses, she says she doesn't know, which I can't believe. I'm not about to try and purchase it for myself as I don't know much about coloring.

I'll start another post about coloring over Elumen and whether or not it can be done. Maybe some of the Goldwell users can help. Best thing probably is do Redken and have an Elumen Clear treatment put over it. Although the Shades EQ clear is nice, there is nothing that compares to the condition of an Elumen treatment, even if the color was disappointing.

Happy Coloring to All!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic