Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

One section wont hold color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GadgetMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GadgetMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One section wont hold color
    Posted: April 13 2003 at 4:20pm
I have dyed my hair many times in the past year. It's slightly damaged, much less then it should be, and it doesn't bother me much. My one gripe is that I have one area of hair, small strands just above each ear, that refuse to hold color.
I put a back semi on my hair about a month ago, knowing that since my hair has been lightened, it would hold much longer then sugested and leave some of the color behind. By doing this, I ended up with a very dark, still slightly fading, brown color, just a bit deeper then my natural color, which is ideal since I plan to grow out the colored section. All would be well but for the patches on both sides that have not held their color and turned a lighter redish brown, since my hair was dyed dark red before the semi. They are not really noticeable unless I pin my hair back. I would like to do something about them, and I'm unsure as to whether it would be best to just leave them, or put another semi on just that area. My hair, as I said, doesn't damage easily, so I'll dye it myself.
Thanks for reading my extraneously detailed post. Any help would be great.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2003 at 9:20am
Is it gray in those spots??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic