Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

highlights on selected portions of hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: highlights on selected portions of hair
    Posted: April 25 2003 at 6:55pm
I can't remember where I read about this kind of highlighting, I could even be on this board or the website. It's where highlights are put in certain portion of strands of hair. I'm thinking this will probably be less damaging to the hair, while still creating the highlighted look.

I'm wondering if anyone knows about this, and what it's called. Or maybe this is all in my head.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2003 at 9:43pm
Do you mean certain strands? or on like half way down the strand?

By any means, highlighting with foils is like placeing a paint brush in the hands of the artist. Anything is possible.

However, with todays technology, highlighting today is much less damaging to the hair. Alittle damage to the hair can be good. Its like getting a mini body wave. Perfectly healthy hair usually limp. Add little damage and you get volume and body.

Some may disagree with me, but I see it over and over. Clients asking if highlighting can give them more body, and the answer is yes.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2003 at 10:24pm
ah, halfway down the strand. I remember when I got my hair highlighted, it was just the whole hair piled into the foil. Is it possible to just highlight the middle of the hair. And how should one determine where?
mjski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 7:06pm
absolutly can be done part way down the hair. Are you looking to just do the ends? or half the lenght of the hair?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic