Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coloring Over Elumen?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
goreygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goreygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coloring Over Elumen?
    Posted: May 09 2003 at 1:32pm
After having had an unsatisfactory Elumen color done several months ago, I was wondering if an oxidative color can be used over the Elumen? Or, does Return have to be done first?

I was thinking of having a regular color put over the Elumen and then maybe having an Elumen clear treatment for the benefit of the conditioning effect that it has. My hair never felt this good since my pre-color days, but I was very disappointed in the color. Plus the fact it can't be used on grey hair and so I end up having to have a regular color put on the grey and then the Elumen, which means even more $$$. Shame it couldn't be formulated for grey hair like the other types of permanent color.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Really nice group of people here

LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 9:34pm
Hi,

I read your previous posting also.

Elumen color can be removed by a professional who uses that line of color. They have a color remover for Elumen. This however does not work on other colorlines. If your stylist who used Elumen on you won't do it, find another stylist that uses it to do it for you.

As far as Redken, as you can read by my signiture line on the bottom, I use Redken color. I believe it is the best. As for as you useing it, Redken is very strict on who purchases it and uses it. You must be a fully licensed professional hair stylist. It was created for hairstylist to be fully educated on it to use on their clients. Hair color is a very complicated chemistry to learn. It is not about just looking at a color and applying it and it comes out to be that color. (as many of you ahve already learned the hard way) You must take every aspect into comsideration before we choose a color formula for the hair. You must look at the naturel level, poriosity, color history, haircolor as a child, etc.

I would seek out a Redken professional haircolorist. I beleive you would be very happy.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
goreygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goreygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 7:34am
Thanks LiliBeach, that was very nice of you to reply.

I was having Redken coloring done pre-Elumen. However, the last time I went, I told the stylist I didn't like the color; it was way too brown. So she just colored the roots, matching them to the rest of the hair, but did nothing about altering the color. She said we can just keep coloring the roots only and eventually it will be all one color. I don't like the color, and kept telling her that. Also, at this same place, at numerous times, they have spilled color over my clothes, legs and even got it into my eye. I'm not a neat freak, but this has happened quite a bit there.

I really should go to another Redken salon. That is, after the Elumen Return is done. Here's the problem and I wonder if maybe I am saying the wrong thing and you can help how to get my point across. Even though I want to cover grey, that's not my only goal. I want a haircolor that is bright, rich and deep, not just flat. In my experience, if you come in with grey hair and want it covered, they treat the person like they are around 80 years old and don't want any of the newer fashionable shades or effects. Maybe it's what I say (or don't say) that isn't conveying my needs.

Your input would be most valuable and appreciated. Perhaps the hair color is so important to me because I am disabled and it is one of the few things that can be done to change my appearance and make me feel better about myself.

Thanks a bunch!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic