Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why cant you bleach over dye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vanzack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanzack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why cant you bleach over dye
    Posted: May 30 2003 at 7:51am
i've read several places on this site that you can't bleach over dyed hair
i plan to highlight with bleach my already dyed hair
is this correct - you cannot bleach over dyed hair?
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2003 at 6:50pm
Yeah you can. Bleach is generally how you remove dye. It is difficult however to bleach out Henna (near impossible) and permanent black dye.

it may not turn out quite as you may expect it, but it should work, if it's dyed a darker colour or red you'll have to bleach it more to remove the colour.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2003 at 6:53pm
Vanzack; you can't lift color with color...But you can bleach out color with bleach....provided your hair can handle it...???
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2003 at 7:07pm
You want the bleach? You want the bleach? Well you can't handle the bleach!

Well, I've given into an overused movie quote. This is a sad day in the world of humour.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2003 at 1:55pm
LOLOLOL! Vineman
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 6:53pm
"Me bleach you long time"

Okay, somebody shoot me. Please. I'm getting sick of myself now.
vanzack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanzack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 6:38am
vineman, since your posts about bleaching prompted this question, you can post as much as you like (ps LOL too)
after you start highlighting your hair with bleach are you stuck (do you have to start doing it all the time and then when it gets overhighlighted do you have to redye and then start all over again)
is highlighting with bleach a viscious cycle - i don't want to bleach long time (maybe just one time)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic