Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how will it turn out?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ae_boi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae_boi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how will it turn out?
    Posted: October 10 2004 at 4:53pm
If i use GARNIER 100% COLOR 743(Deep copper blonde) on my hair which is currently it's natural medium brown. will the product lift my haircolor at all? or just turn out dark?
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 8:19pm
It will probably lift your colour one or two shades, but will be significantly warmer than your natural colour. Brown hair has red pigment which appears when it is lightened. You will probably end up with red hair or maybe even an unnatural-looking orange-y colour -- you won't get the colour shown on the box. If you want a light brown, rather than red, use a dark ash blonde. A dark neutral blonde will give you something in between.

Depending on how light you want to go, you could try something like one of the Herbal Essences Hi-Lift products -- XL10, XL0, XL2, or XL4. You would probably achieve a light brown or dark blonde with one of these shades. Just make sure you do a test strand first. Lightening brown hair is unpredictable.

Good luck.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
ae_boi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae_boi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 8:55pm
Ok! thanks for the advice! if i wanted the color on the box, which you can see by going to

http://164.109.83.25/images/pack_743.jpg

would i need to lighten/bleach my hair first?which products would you reccomend for doing that

i want a final result that is like what is was in this pic- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/adamaddicted/PIC00493.jpg

i got that color with about a month of HIDEOUS loreal power red "FLAMING RED" washing out
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 10:12pm
First of all, I'm not an expert. I'm just basing this on my own experience and those of my friends.

I don't think you will need to bleach your hair. Try a strand test (on a piece of tinfoil) with Herbal Essences 14 Light Golden Blonde. Check its progress after 20 minutes; if it's not light enough, you can leave it on for up to 45 minutes. If your natural hair colour is medium brown, you should get be able to get 1 or 2 levels lighter. The Golden Blonde should bring out the copper tone you're aiming for. Please do a strand test first, though, because everyone's hair is different and this is permanent colour.

If this doesn't lighten your hair enough, try a strand test with Herbal Essences XL2 Extra Light Blonde. It's a neutral tone, but it should lift your hair about 3 shades and bring out more red.

Good luck.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
ae_boi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae_boi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 10:37pm
ok ill try that-thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic