Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I get these things OUT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I get these things OUT
    Posted: March 10 2003 at 10:50pm
I got my hair extensions about 4 days ago and I am dying to get them out. I was going to cut the string that is weaved into the braids, but then I noticed that the very top is glued. That is, I think it is glue---it is a dark tar-like substance. Is there anyway that I can get this off without going back to the hairdresser?

Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 7:14am
hey---I'm replying to my own post. I had to saturate the top of head, where the glue was, with baby oil. After that I had to undo the all the tight little braids which were interweaved with string--but my boyfriend helped. We had to cut the ends of my hair off because the ends were burned. The hairdresser said she was buring the fake hair when she did this.......but I'm afraid that my real hair was wrapped up in that mess too! So, I don't really see how you could grow your hair out with all that crap in it. I feel so much better having MY hair back---even though I will have to get it cut short again due to the damage.

GIRLS......... don't be fools; do your research on this stuff before you ruin your hair like I did. Make sure your hairdresser is VERY qualified. I'm sure extensions are ok for some....espically if you get it done by a professional---but this is one pup who is staying away from that stuff and being thankful for the hair she's got---even if it is short
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 9:38am
Yikes....were the extensions really that bad? Either way you sound well-adjusted and comfortable with your hair Trixie--which is far better than weeping over it like I (and many others) would do. Good for you--I'm glad you've learned from experience and are happy with your hair. :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
isaac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isaac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2003 at 2:13pm
Do you know what the method was they used?

Hair extensions should not be like this.

Was it glued in and string?

Also was it human hair?

let us know.

isaac
http://www.cyberparlor.com
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2003 at 4:09pm
Yes they really were a nightmare!!! First--it just looked too much like I had wig on my head or something. I was very self-concious the whole time.

The woman braided them in, and then the pieces at the crown of my head were glued with stuff that was like tar. It was real human hair---but it was STICK STRAIGHT.....it looked so unreal on me. I tried curling the ends under and that did soften it some. It was a hazzle.

I couldn't really wear my hair up--the only thing I could do with it so that the braids didn't show was wear it in a low poneytail. The hairdresser just acted like I could put it up anyway I wanted. You could also see the braids if it was down and the wind blew it around. It was a NIGHTMARE I tell you!

I still don't know why she told me I could grow my hair out that way. She totally ruined my hair and any growth I had started. I hope others have better experiences with this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic