Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where can I buy this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bebelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bebelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where can I buy this?
    Posted: April 08 2003 at 11:59am
I want to buy hair extension, plus the apparatus, whatever it is called, so I can make them myself. I have a company Pinkeye, where I design clothes and for the models, including me I need a lot of extension, so I figured that it would become much cheaper if I did it myself instead of going to a hairdresser. I have done extensions at hairdressers many, many times, so I know exactly how it is done too.
Can somebody help me? Any links?

Bebelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bebelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 4:52pm
So nobody knows, or you just don't want to answer?
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 9:50pm
There are sooooo many different ways of doing hair extensions. It is very hard to answer this without knowing the brand and procedure they used. Ask where you got this done and ask what brand it was and maybe we can help.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Bebelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bebelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 3:40pm
It's the kind of very colourful synthetic extension that you first braid into the hair just a few millimeters, then put on a tiny clic of glue then use some sort of heating gun to melt the plastic in the extensions so that they will be stuck in the hair.
It's the heating gun that I want to buy, if it's called a heating gun.
Thank you for answering though.

LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 8:32pm
i will do some investigating and get back with you.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
lilmountaingrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 7:16pm
The best tool for heat sealing is a Dome or Prostyles C2 heat clamp, at around £150/$250 each.

http://www.domecosmetics.com/

http://www.prohair.us/

Hope this info helps.... the links should tell you more about the clamps....
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 4:51pm
I agree with Lilimountaingirl, I have heard very good things about Dome from several people that work with extensions.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Bebelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bebelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 7:17pm
Thanks a lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic