Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

great lengths extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kiley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: great lengths extensions
    Posted: April 17 2003 at 1:41pm
I am very interested in hearing from anyone who has had these specific extensions. My hair is already shoulder-length and I am just looking to add length until it grows.
Will these damage my hair to the extent that my natural hair will have to be cut at the point where the extensions have been applied when they are removed?
How long do they really last?
Is there a big problem with upkeep, having your natural hair trimmed at the point of attachement so it doesn't become knotted?
How does it feel where the extensions are attached?
Can you wear your hair up?

Know any salons in NYC that do these?

Thanks for any info.
K
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2003 at 5:42pm
Barbara Lhotan is on Long Island (Smithtown, NY) and she has done a lot of Great Lengths work. (631-724-2386). You can read about Barbara at:
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1013.htm

Also, Isaac Davidson is at Cyperparlor in NYC. He was mentioned in the media as "one of the best hair extenion experts" in New York City. I do not know what type of extensions he does but I know he prefers to work with real European style hair.
You can read about Isaac at:
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip3533.htm

Hope that helps.
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Theresa Timmons View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theresa Timmons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2003 at 2:26pm
Hi Karen,

I love your website. I am just curious why you don't write about Great Lengths in any of your articles? Have you tried it and had a bad experience? Have you ever tried extensions?

Thanks in advance.
Theresa
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 9:04pm
Hi Theresa,

Thank you for the kind words about HB.com.

No...I have never had extensions although I did ask about it once. Unfortunately my real hair is about 5 inches below my waist and generally speaking I was told that my own hair is longer than the hair they would use for extensions. I was also told if they did "add" hair to my ends, it would possibly damage them. So it wasn't an option.

As far as Great Extensions....I really have no comment. I think there are many great systems out there and ultimately it depends on the hair extension consultant for how your extensions turn out.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Alice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2003 at 7:46pm
How much does Barbara and Isaac charge for their extensions?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic