Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dark Circles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 4:59pm
Hi Trix & all,

Thanks for all the info. Of course I was fascinated with how to remove dark circles since I get them every once in awhile. I did some research as well as talking to a woman I know who is a nurse for a plastic surgeon. Here is what she said the doctor recommends for undereye darkness and circles:

Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue. It is a cream that contains: Vitamin K combined with Vitamin C, Kojic Acid, and other antioxidants. It is a new eye cream that is specifically formulated to reduce the appearance and ultimate eliminate undereye circles. Although concealer works just as well, for people who want to eliminate the circles she said the Peter Roth works very well. It is generally available at high end department stores although it is not cheap. You apply it 2x a day in the morning and evening. The cream also helps reduce bags and sags as well as dark circles.

I am still researching all natural treatments but I found this very interesting. I have heard good things about Peter Thomas Roth so this is even more interesting.

However, concealer as you found...also works great.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Tressa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 6:29pm
Karen,

Where can you buy this Roth cream? I would love to try it since I have never figured out how to do a good job w/ concealers. I am a total makup klutz.

Thanks.
T
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 10:56am
YIKES---your right that stuff isn't cheap. I found for 100 a pop at:
http://store.yahoo.com/skin1/petthomrot.html#EyeCreams

Know any cheaper places?

thanx for the input
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 12:50pm
Hi,

Yes....sorry...it is very expensive...unfortunately. I guess that is why the plastic surgeon recommends it. :-)

You might try Sephora. They carry the line in some locations and sometimes they have big sales.

I am checking into some other creams that may not cost as much.

Best wishes,
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 1:45pm
Would a generic K cream work instead? That might be an option without the big price tag? Also, I have heard that Preparation H will shrink bags. Anyone try that?

Star
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic